Mille Percento V11 Nero Lucido

Mille Percento V11 Sport

Mille Percento V11 Coppa Italia

for sheer flamboyance :

Filippo Barbacane's Griso-based ZERO.

the 'Zero' page at Mille Percento

the 'Zero' page at Barbacane's 'Firestarter Garage"

25K €

concerning depredations leveled against Japanese bikes, Buells or any other motorcycle perceived

as inferior [as if this somehow worked as reverse praise for Moto Guzzis - which need no defense] :

a real motorcycle is one ridden by a real motorcyclist.

hope i'm not off topic.

Hey Critter

Hard to define a real motorcyclist, surely its just someone who enjoys them.

If your looking for my credentials, well, i have owned 57 of them, since i was 14, now 48. I have averaged more than 10,000 miles per year since i was 15. I got married on one. I took 11 months off on honeymoon and travelled around the world on one 33,000 miles. I ride one all year round still. I raced at the Isle of Man TT and at World Superbike. I didnt own a car for the first 8 years of marriage and moved house twice, with a cat in each pannier. I've broken my back three times coming off one. I dont know if any of that makes me a real motorcyclist, but i like the look of the V11 le mans. I will have to ride one to prove i like it, and as has been said i might need two bikes, to add to the other 4 in the garage at the moment....

To paraphrase a friend and life long Guzzi fan... don't let the test ride put you off

test ride? bought my Mandello on looks alone then found it handled like a pig on roller skates :o .

changed the tyres and set the suspension up and it was transformed :D into a thing of grace :wub:

it's got enough power for me and feels like it's going fast when it's not unlike most modern sports bikes which go so fast and don't feel like it at all.

this Guzzi thing creeps up on you and gets into your heart and soul :sun:

Mille Percento V11 LeMans

Mille Percento V11 Agricola

Mille Percento V11 Rosso Mandello

Mille Percento V11 Nero Lucido

Mille Percento V11 Sport

Mille Percento V11 Coppa Italia

for sheer flamboyance :

Filippo Barbacane's Griso-based ZERO.

the 'Zero' page at Mille Percento

the 'Zero' page at Barbacane's 'Firestarter Garage"

25K €

concerning depredations leveled against Japanese bikes, Buells or any other motorcycle perceived

as inferior [as if this somehow worked as reverse praise for Moto Guzzis - which need no defense] :

a real motorcycle is one ridden by a real motorcyclist.

hope i'm not off topic.

Love the paint scheme, but the decal placement is horrid. Why they didn't make it more horizontal and follow the lines of the tank, I'll never know...

a3.jpg

I currently have a 2000 V-11S and a 2005 999S. They are certainly different tools.

Both have their own character and marque mystique. Both are uncommon and oft recognized as exotic.

The MG is happy at 120mph all day long, and so will you be, at the end of the day. The Duc flicks through the turns more readily, but you'll be ready for the hot-tub after 3-4 hours on the hi-way.

After 30-some years of motorcycling I have come to understand that tools and motorcycles are best when designed with specific tasks in mind. Compromise generally gives you the least of the characteristics from either extreme.

And better than that..... After 30-some years of motorcycling I have come to understand that a man can own more than one motorcycle at a time!!!

I must agree!! :thumbsup: I'm up to 7, and they are all very different.

I would definately consider one of the Ohlins equipped models like the Cafe Sport, Coppa Italia, Rosso and Nero Corsa or Scura. I believe the Tenni's a mechanically standard Le Mans with the paint job and seat being it's distinguishing factor as a special package. Everyone is different, but I cannot properly convey just how much I love my Nero...Happy Hunting, S.H. :notworthy::mg::wub:

+1 - if you are going to get a "special" V11 get one with the Ohlins! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: