stop ebay bidding against each other

vecchio lupo

You can earn them after playing McGyver repairing your Guzzi with whatever you've got at hand. The white-red thing in my signature is one. I refuse to remember why I got it B)

...with whatever you've got at hand.

Hmm, I wonder if I qualify for one of these coveted awards. I wanted to raise the level of my mufflers and eliminate the passenger pegs. I cut and drilled brackets from 1/4" aluminum scrap and (this is where the bodge comes in) used Norton Commando head steady rubbers as isolators between the brackets and on the home made crossover hanger.

Well, do I qualify as a bodger? :luigi:

Sorry for the hijack

006.JPG

008.JPG

And your grammar is incorrect. Lupo Vecchio is 'Old Wolf. Vecchio Lupo is 'Wolf Old' which sounds like a disease :P

(Sorry, sometimes I just can't help being a smartarse :lol: )

Pete

Brother Roper,

I don't mind smartarses, I've got teenage boys. My memory of "Grammatico Italiano" is the words in question are as follows:

Vecchio - Old

Lupo - Wolf

The direct english translation is Vecchio Lupo = Old Wolf

The inferred translation is Lupo Vecchio = Wolf that is Old

I first recieved this handle several years ago while serving as a liaison officer to a "Compagnia Fanteria di l'Esercito Italiano" (Italian Army, Infantry Company) where it is military custom to refer to the senior sergeant as "The old Wolf". As I had over 25 years of service at the time, the Italian Privates would call me "Vecchio Lupo" It is possible that they were giving me the direct english translation because they assumed (wrongly) that I could not speak Italian. I heard several Italian NonComs called Vecchio Lupo also, though I suppose those soldiers could have been speaking in the "Siciliani" dialect.

Right or Wrong---That is what my Italian cohorts called me and what has stuck to me since my days with SETAF (Southern European Task Force) and SOCEUR (Special Operations Command Europe), I am not the least bit offended if my name sounds like Wolf Old to the aristocracy, La Forza Nouva Sempre.

No worries. I lost out on a Race Oumo Guzzi leather jacket this A.M. , that just means more cash for the other stuff.

Well, I lost out on the stuff, whoever won, congratulations. I am interested in the rear rack and brackets, oil cooler cover, and whatever else you don't need. please pm or post prices.

Good luck with the merchandise.

This thread has been fun, even though I went about it rather sloppily and probably screwed up more than I thought.