Bled clutch/ broken master cylinder spring

docc

Note that the PO turned the plunger screw as far in as it could go, and adjusted the lever position as far away as it can be.

This is exactly what I did to compensate for the broken spring inside the master cylinder.

Perhaps what you need is a master cylinder rebuild?

Even with those adjustment settings, is there play in the lever travel?

• docc changed the title to Bled clutch/ broken master cylinder spring
18 minutes ago, docc said:

Even with those adjustment settings, is there play in the lever travel?

If you mean play before the lever engages the piston. I don't know its tough to say with no pressure. I had the lever adjusted all the way out to lengthen the pull when I was pumping. That's not how I normally ride.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, deadpen69 said:

If you mean play before the lever engages the piston. I don't know its tough to say with no pressure. I had the lever adjusted all the way out to lengthen the pull when I was pumping. That's not how I normally ride.

Seriously makes me wonder about the internal clutch master spring condition. Rebuild kit is readily available and not hard to install.

How many miles on your V11?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 10:10 PM, docc said:

Seriously makes me wonder about the internal clutch master spring condition. Rebuild kit is readily available and not hard to install.

The kit arrived but I decided to give it one more shot before the M/C rebuild. I bought a cheap Harbor Freight brake bleeder vacuum. Success in about 6 minutes! I Guess I needed to spend unnecessary money and waste a bunch of time like usual. With the benefit of hindsight, I'm glad I didn't burn the garage down. Thanks Doc

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with having that rebuild kit in your spares pile.

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle!

• Thanks 1