That's the one. From the article:

With that comes the design for a retro sports version of the popular 1960s and 70s Commando model that the Americans had spent $9million developing.

I'd love to see that bike get built. I ws on the waiting list for Dreer' s production version.

That Commando picture in the article looks like one of Kenny Dreer's. Beautiful bike. He came close to getting it going but ran out of money.
They should also bring back the Norton girls!

BTW, this has to be the worst Norton ever made, what were they thinking???? Joe

Reading that, I'd say that the copywriter moved to Moto Guzzi. It's the same sort of thing that they still put out.

For SoCal folk, Kind of short notice:

November 2 (Sunday) – 29th Annual Hansen Dam Ride, Best Ride at a Dam, All British Ride, the “best ride by a dam site”: Same dam, same ride, possibly a different parking lot. Don’t miss what Cycle World has called one of the country’s biggest classic bike events. Meet at 8 am for coffee, show registration, etc.; Osborne exit off the 210 Fwy in Sunland/Tujunga. Ride leaves at 10 am for a 95+ mile loop through the San Gabriel Mountains and returns to the dam for show bike awards at around 2 pm. This year’s event marks the 19th anniversary of Norton Club sponsorship.

E-mail: Bill Bibbiani or call 626-791-0259

November 2 – After the Dam Ride: Café Racer Ride-In sponsored by guzzitech.com:

5 – 7 pm at Alex’s Bar, 2913 E. Anaheim Blvd, Long Beach. Live music, prizes, t-shirts, etc. Your Hansen Dam pin, Norton club t-shirt or the Hansen Dam Norton club ride brochure gets you in free for a “bag of swag” from various sponsors. Hosted by Brian Catterson of Motorcyclist magazine.

http://www.socalnorton.com/calendar.html