http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7697380.stm

Mixed feelings about these "revivals". Triumph and MV Agusta are nice IMO, but then again, not the "real" thing. Hope Guzzi stays Guzzi.

That Commando picture in the article looks like one of Kenny Dreer's. Beautiful bike. He came close to getting it going but ran out of money.

I agree with Dan It does look like Dreers Nortons. I really like how the tail is all open very cool look. I hope it works out so I can see one in person sometime

_45155234_commando226.jpgMoto_Guzzi_V11_Cafe_Sport.jpg

Yes, that Norton looks great, but hey, our bikes aren't bad looking either ;) I still need the mirrors though :D

_45155234_commando226.jpgMoto_Guzzi_V11_Cafe_Sport.jpg

Yes, that Norton looks great, but hey, our bikes aren't bad looking either ;) I still need the mirrors though :D

It is funny you compare those two. My LeMans is the first bike I've had that has the motor "character" of the Norton. So much so that I rarely rode the Norton after getting the LeMans. Two seasons later I put the Norton on a stand in my office. Now it has been two years since I've ridden the Norton. I feel like if they still made Nortons they would ride like a V11.

IMG_2332_600x400.jpg

Guzzi08_005.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7697380.stm

Mixed feelings about these "revivals". Triumph and MV Agusta are nice IMO, but then again, not the "real" thing. Hope Guzzi stays Guzzi.

I agree totally. To this day I call modern Triumphs 'Hinckleys'. And Modern MV's do not have any lineage to the proper Count Agusta MV's. They are Castiglioni MV's.

The new UK Nortons that may or may not be available soon, actually are offering two Nortons from different lineages. The parallel twin appears to be a continuation of the Kenny Drear bikes. Kenny had, buy the last stage model engineered every bit of Norton out of his bike, except the sticker on the tank. Maybe a good thing, but this bike had serious issues, not the least was the habit of grenading under hard use. But the race bike is clearly a straight lineage line from the original Norton Shenstone, Stafordshire factory, where in the end they were producing Norton Interpol rotary powered bikes, Norton 'Classic' rotary road bikes, Norton Commander [yes, Commander] rotory sport tourers, and the lovely and fast Norton F1 588s. Clearly the current race bike is the Shenstone 588 F1.

I wish them luck. It's a tricky time in financial history to be opening up a new bike factory. I hope it's not just a front for selling boutique t-shirts.

Steve

They should also bring back the Norton girls!

BTW, this has to be the worst Norton ever made, what were they thinking???? Joe

They were thinking "If Harley can make a factory custom to sell to the nimrods chopping their bikes & making ugly, ill-handling monstrosities, why can't we?"

;)

Back in the days Commando's were new a guy in Edinburgh called Fred ( ex blue angel ) used to build 960 roadsters these were very quick bikes and reliable they used to blow away suzi gs 1000's without any trouble, Fred used to badge them as 750's pissing off many a jap bike rider they could not belive they had just been beaten by an old 750. If they were set up these were nice bikes to ride ,have a look at the Norvil's and the Gus Khun's. I had a Gus Khun interstate lovely bike.