What else should I do

FalcoLion

Yes, the US uses an average of RON and MON, whereas much of the world uses just one of the two.

Atleast a few bikes have reported issues with pinging to varying degrees. Most are closer to the 3-5k rpm range, but anything is possible. Before adding a PowerCommander I would either find a qualified Guzzi mechanic to go over your bike and set things like TPS and throttle body sync or read up on the info here at the site and do those things yourself. You may find you don't need the PC after all. But typically after freeing up the exhaust these bikes end up being a bit lean and a PC is the easiest way to richen it back up.

There are a couple of dealers in CT, one is Branchville but I have no knowledge of their service work. There is a shop in Utica North Country Cycles he' is a good guy and will treat you right. It sounds like you just need a TPS adjustment and a balance, if you ever get up towards Albany I could help you with that, its really pretty straight forward.

Hal

I believe the rating system is different. 93 octane is premium in the US.

This has been covered elsewhere: the U.S. octane rating is [MON + RON]/2, whereas most? European ratings seem to be straight RON [which is higher than MON.]

BTW, the toluene I mentioned above is the best octane booster you can get for the U.S. gas [pre-diluted w/ alcohol] short of something w/ tetraethyl lead in it.

If you have access, some 100LL avgas works better yet [& is cheaper too!], but only suitable if your Guzzi doesn't have a cat... U.S. V11s don't [per Greg Field, & I believe him] but I forget where the O.P. was posting from. :huh:

Hi Vlad,

I can help ya out.I PM'ed a while ago but you probably didn't get it.

You'll definitely need to balance TB's ,easy,just need a Twin Max,I'll bring mine if we can hook up,and adjust TPS with a DMM.

Read this, http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...c=11552&hl= as it was my first time doing a service and a lot of stupid rookie questions but you might get some good info as I was at the same point as you with starting from square one.But youv'e done the valves so step one outa the way! :bier: You still may need to go the way of the PC3,Dyno solutions in CT has a great rep and RacerX is the authority on correct maps for PC3's.But the bike needs to be tuned correctly before putting on a PC3.