idle change

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

Question: Was ridiing home on the Guzzi,took a right turn heard a pop come from the engine and then my idle climbed to 3000rpm and stayed there. Checked for kinked throttle cable and idle screw no problem. Bike starts and idles rough, but at 3000rpm. Haven't taken anything apart yet; any suggestions?

P.S. To Rich with the Ural hack ; I'm interested in obtaining another quirky beast and would like your opinion on the rig you drive and any advice you may have, thanks from another motorcycle masochist. :P:

I had mine do that once too. One backfire and the throttle body popped out of the rubber mount to the cylinder head. Still injects fuel, but has no control over the air coming in through the gap so it just runs. Weirdly, but it runs.

I had mine do that once too. One backfire and the throttle body popped out of the rubber mount to the cylinder head. Still injects fuel, but has no control over the air coming in through the gap so it just runs. Weirdly, but it runs.

Yep, same here <_>

Check for the rubber boot between the TB and the plastic "velocity tube/intake runner" that goes into the airbox. I bet you popped the boot off the TB.

Now, that's a symptom.... soo.... :P

If you have this intake cough/back-fire more regularly than not, you might want to check your map(ECU/PCIII).

al