I sometimes have dark thoughts....

Guzzirider

It may well be that your V11 and your Stelvio are too similar? After my partner decided after a 150 km day trip that she would never again join me on the Rosso Corsa (I still do not understand why :unsure: ), we bought a 07 BMW K1200GT to keep her (actually both of us ;)) happy. I was considering selling my Rosso Corsa, but at the end I decided not to, because 1) I just love this bike and I knew I would miss her; 2) second hand prices for a V11 (at least in Belgium) are simply a joke. Well, almost two years later, I can state without exaggerating that keeping the Rosso was one of the best (motorcycle-related) decisions I ever took!! The K1200GT is an impressive bike in all regards, and when it comes to long distance riding with a passenger, very close to perfection (at least imho). Still, it is always a pleasure to take out the "little" Rosso for a (solo) day trip to the Ardennes or the Eifel, because well, it is so far away from perfection (and of course because of everything else we like so much about the V11). Objectively speaking, the four cylinder 152 HP Teutonic lady simply blows away the V2 90 HP Bella Rossa, but, when changing from one to the other, I always enjoy the difference between these two bikes. So, what I am trying to say is that, in my view it makes it easier to keep (and ride) two (or more motorcycles) if they are very different from each other. If they are very similar, or even worse, one is the improved version of the other, it is probably not so easy to convince yourself that it makes sense to keep both of them, but, again, that is a very personal opinion. :2c:

• 2 weeks later...
Just took her out for a (very cold) ride. Too much fun for me to sell her- she is a cracking little bike with so much character and plenty of poke.

She stays and I will keep her roadworthy.

V11005.jpg

wonderful!

have you kept the fering pieces? (in case you would like to mount these in the future)

Just took her out for a (very cold) ride. Too much fun for me to sell her- she is a cracking little bike with so much character and plenty of poke.

She stays and I will keep her roadworthy.

V11005.jpg

That is the correct answer as

a) Not everything on my V11 has broken/needed replacing yet so where would I go for spares?

and

B) Thanks Euan, The only car we own which isnt a company car is mine! Dont give him ideas!! :angry:

Hx