Engine management

FE-427

Thanks Paul

I had talked to the gentleman at Techno Research and he said that there was a problem with the Direct Link and that he would not be able to start selling them again until the first of this year.

I was trying to find out what the glitch was and if the glitch affected me in what I am trying to do.

Cheers

A glitch? That is too bad. I thought it might prove to be better than tuneboy.

You could try TuneBoy.

I use it and love it, and favor it over PCIII and MY15M.

Tuneboy can do more of what I want than PCIII, and it can do almost everything MY15M can for less money.

Yet the number of Tuneboy sales is far lower. WTF?!?

Isn't the 15rc for the Breva 750 etc., not for the V11?

I'd bet Tuneboy probably connects to the 15M that has an oxygen sensor input. But I am less sure about lambda options. The tutorial shows how to adjust the AF but it does not specify Guzzi.

My bike has no O2 sensor, and I'll bet FE-427's bike has none either, but if his does, he should check with TuneBoy before ordering. They say they support 15M, not 15RC.

Here is a link to the list of supported Guzzis

http://www.tuneboy.eu/fitment.aspx

They don't specifically mention some of the newer models, so maybe there is an incompatibility???

http://www.tuneboy.com.au/TuneDownloads/TunesGuzzi.html

Lists the LeMans with Catalytic Convertor. Isn't that a lambda equipped bike?

Yes it is. But if ou load the map they have for it, there is no lambda tab. If I load a map for a bike like a triumph that has a lambda, there is a lambda adjustment tab, so you can tell the ecu what lambda you want at what rev

The 15m is the ecu for non lamda bikes, the 15rc is used on the lambda bikes. Like 750 breva, but also cafe sport, rosso corsa etc.

I got a cheap 15rc of ebay, from a 750 breva, but only maps should be different. Tuneboy software is only 200 euro.

reply from tuneboy:

Hi

Yes we support the 15RC ECU

The TuneEdit program allows you to connect the LC-1 and it will display

the A/F ratio from the LC-1 on the TuneEdit screen. The info from the LC-1

is also logged with the TuneEdit program.

Thanks

Thanks Paul

I had talked to the gentleman at Techno Research and he said that there was a problem with the Direct Link and that he would not be able to start selling them again until the first of this year.

I was trying to find out what the glitch was and if the glitch affected me in what I am trying to do.

Cheers

Glitch is probably related to the fact that the software was written to require interfacing w/ a hardware dongle [piracy control.] This was written long enough ago that all the laptops had sub-D serial ports, but no modern laptops do anymore. Hence the glitch encountered when trying to use a Serial-USB converter to patch the hardware dongle onto a USB-only laptop, with frequent "software won't run" problems.

But that's only my conjecture, from reading the sad tales of others here & elsewhere.

Ride on!

Well the dongle has never used the serial port. And the software they use is used very much for this purpose. I have to do often with it in my work, but see there no problems.

Glitch is probably related to the fact that the software was written to require interfacing w/ a hardware dongle [piracy control.] This was written long enough ago that all the laptops had sub-D serial ports, but no modern laptops do anymore. Hence the glitch encountered when trying to use a Serial-USB converter to patch the hardware dongle onto a USB-only laptop, with frequent "software won't run" problems.

But that's only my conjecture, from reading the sad tales of others here & elsewhere.

Ride on!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that there is a new version of the Technoresearch Direct Link software

- DirectLink2.40.67-F84-XP-2000-NT-98.zip

- DirectLink2.40.67-F84-Vista.zip

dated 01/13/09 ( 13 jan 2009 ) out now.

http://www.technoresearch.com/Downloads/do...Direct-Link.htm

Also the VDST do have new versions out now.

http://www.technoresearch.com/Downloads/downloads-VDSTS.htm

Can someone confirm that they have actually used the Technoresearch Direct Link

on a 1.5M ECU that were already reflashed with a FIM map.

You might consider trading the FIM flashed one with an OEM one. I'll bet you'd find takers willing to throw in some money.

I have considered switching from Tuneboy to direct link, but would only do it if some traded me plus gave me dollars for the Tuneboy.