Ago helmets

macguzzi

I like this Ago!

I have a dilemma about my next helmet!

1)Ago AGV

2)XLite X801RR Cecotto

2)Suomy Spec-1R Araldic

Can't decide..

dont choose only from desing! You have to try on your head. AGV fits to slimmer faces (despite this fact, I have AGV Ti Tech and it fits just right).

after having Uvex, Shark, AGV... I'd go again for AGV (do you know most of AGV helmets are produced in CZ?)

The Arai helmets have different shapes to fit any head. My noggin is more oval and I found the Vector fit me really well so I bought this fancy one. The color is not purple like in the pic but different shades of bright red.

vector_eagle_red_f_290x290.jpg

dont choose only from desing! You have to try on your head. AGV fits to slimmer faces (despite this fact, I have AGV Ti Tech and it fits just right).

after having Uvex, Shark, AGV... I'd go again for AGV (do you know most of AGV helmets are produced in CZ?)

No I didn't know that AGVs are produced in CZ!

I like AGV Ago but the bad thing is that I tried once an AGV but it didn't fit me right. My face is not so slim, it's more...rounded..

I finally bought a Vemar (VSREV) which fits me super! Like when they were making it, they had chosen my head as a base.

But I want a change. After the crash the Vemar Helmet was hit so it's time for a change.

Suomy gives me also a good fit.

I've never tried the Xlite....

That is sweet, going to have to pick one upu when I win the lotto. 475 British pounds!!!!!!! And in today's market?? I know you get what you pay for when it comes to helmets but I don't know if the awesome paint job is going to protect my head any better than a non-painted helmet.

The Arai helmets have different shapes to fit any head. My noggin is more oval and I found the Vector fit me really well so I bought this fancy one. The color is not purple like in the pic but different shades of bright red.

Waspp,

You've been spending too much time talking to Arai salesmen. I'm happy you found a helmet you like but a helmet that fits one head don't mean "Arai helmets have different shapes to fit any head". Nobody makes helmets that fit everyone.

I made the mistake of buying this lie, I did a brief test fit and bought a "Shoei head" Aria. After two hours it felt like I had a C-clamp (G-clamp, in the Queen's English) on my head that got tighter every few miles. A very expensive helmet that set in my garage for years to remind me not to make that mistake again. No Aria fits me but my new Zox fits perfectly, not to mention it was $108 USD shipped. Hell, I've had Shoei RF series helmets since the RF200, my last RF1000 didn't fit very well. I bought the Zox well before the Shoei was worn out because the RF1000 made me want to pull over sooner just to get my helmet off.

I don't know how the AGVs fit but at 475 quid I'll take the position that Ago is rich enough and I don't need to buy his helmet to make him even more money. :rolleyes:

Lex