Sloppage sheets.

pete roper

Just got another run done.

Anyone interested the cost is $165 AU plus postage of about $25-30 depending on where you are.

my email is

motomoda > optusnet.com .au but with the arrows deleted and an ampersand in the middle to try and avoid spam.

Yes, I accept payment by paypal to the same address. work out the exchange rate for yourselves with a website or simply ask paypal to do it for you.

I stand by this product. I think it is the cheapest insurance you'll ever get against torching your crank but there is no pressure or even suggestion that you buy one.

pete

Guest ratchethack

Well, I won't hesitate to make the suggestion -- Nay! I'll RECOMMEND IT with nary a reservation wotsoever -- and to back it up, I'll throw in a personal track record of over 3 years' road use -- without any hint o' the former dreaded low oil pressure light flicker. :bike:

. . . Now where can I get a WINDAGE PLATE?? :huh2:

post-1212-1232390692.jpg

Eye pokage

(It's wot I live for.)

:lol:;)

Well, I won't hesitate to make the suggestion -- Nay! I'll RECOMMEND IT with nary a reservation wotsoever -- and to back it up, I'll even throw in a personal track record of over 3 years' road use as a happy customer. :bike:

. . . Now where can I get a WINDAGE PLATE?? :huh2:

:stupid:

But I'll suggest AND recommend that one buy one, with nary a reservation whatsoever.

Best windage sheet available for the V11!

1) Most importantly, it greatly reduces the risk of oil starvation by blocking the sloshing motion of the oil, helping it remain available at the pickup!!! (Especially effective as you pin the throttle in low gears, while going up short steep hills)

2) Reduces oil consumption! (results may vary depending on cause of oil consumption)

3) Increases power! (if only slightly, but I'll take every HP I can get)

4) Best of all, all you cheap bastards will appreciate that it is NOT a REAL windage tray with flaps and appendages that would raise the price to the affordability of only the chosen few...but it still reduces windage! (Pete calls it a sloppage sheet because its primary purpose is reducing the oil's sloppage away from the pickup, and technically it is made from sheet metal, not plate metal)

Unlike Ratchet, I have not had three years with my sheet, but I have had my sheet long enough to notice the decreased oil consumption. The template/prototype mild steel sheet that Pete gave me(for free!), that I modified is not the same as Ratchet's but the principal remains the same, reduce the sloppage and windage. No, mine is not made of the nice stainless steel, and it probably won't protect the pickup quite as well, but I am still super happy and only regret having not done it 40,000+ miles ago.

Get one now all yee Guzzisti!!!

After all if Ratchet and I can agree on something (although disagreeing about the semantics) it must be TRUE!

Holy shite. is that an agreement?

You have to read between the lines :lol:

Just kidding!

Let me simplify:

We both agree that the Moto Moda Sloppage Sheet® is a good thing that will help protect your engine.

• 1 year later...

Hallo Pete,

The sloppage sheet sounds just right for my Centuro and it will be great notto be greated by the red oil light as I cahnge into 3rd.

But what am I buying? And how much will it cost to ship to Marburg, near frankfurt in Germany?

Cheers,

Sam

Just got another run done.

Anyone interested the cost is $165 AU plus postage of about $25-30 depending on where you are.

my email is

motomoda > optusnet.com .au but with the arrows deleted and an ampersand in the middle to try and avoid spam.

Yes, I accept payment by paypal to the same address. work out the exchange rate for yourselves with a website or simply ask paypal to do it for you.

I stand by this product. I think it is the cheapest insurance you'll ever get against torching your crank but there is no pressure or even suggestion that you buy one.

pete

My dear Mr Roper,

We brought home our 'new' Guzzi last weekend. 2002 Scura. Spouse noticed on the way home from work today that the oil light flickered momentarily while climbing the hill to the house. Oil level looks great and there is only 200 miles on since the last oil change. We both commented at the same time that perhaps we should invest in your sloppage sheet. Let me know what cost & shipping is to Wenatchee, WA 98801.

Thank you kindly, sir,

Dee

Duh...$165 + 30 = 195. If you have one available, I can PayPal you in the morning. Its after midnight and there's no more beer, so I'm going to bed.

Edited by Dee G

My dear Mr Roper,

We brought home our 'new' Guzzi last weekend. 2002 Scura. Spouse noticed on the way home from work today that the oil light flickered momentarily while climbing the hill to the house. Oil level looks great and there is only 200 miles on since the last oil change. We both commented at the same time that perhaps we should invest in your sloppage sheet. Let me know what cost & shipping is to Wenatchee, WA 98801.

Thank you kindly, sir,

Dee

Duh...$165 + 30 = 195. If you have one available, I can PayPal you in the morning. Its after midnight and there's no more beer, so I'm going to bed.

When you fit the plate it's best to use the dipstick like you would on a Honda ie don't screw it in to check the level but hold it on the top thread.Some say this may be good practice even without a plate but it's safer with !

Dave

Indeed it is good practice without the plate! In fact that very practice is the only time my oil coincides with the full line mark! :thumbsup: That said, if I was tempted to ever "launch" this tank, then I too would install that plate.

• 7 months later...

If or when will another run of Roper plates be run? I have a V11 and 2 V10's I'd like to put them on. :thumbsup::luigi: What other models will they fit? <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_race.gif" alt=":race:">

You can buy them from MotoInternational. Give them a call and they will tell you the application.

Cool. Thanks for that info. Calling them Tuesday then. :thumbsup:B)