Where can I get a Moto Guzzi PEWTER belt buckle?

Guest ratchethack

I think it is in keeping with tasteful Guzzi styling. I'm more of a "remove stuff" kinda guy but that emblem looks good, and not at all hood ornament like. :thumbsup:

Are those head pipes coated? They look black in the pic.

How about a shot of the whole bike.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack
Are those head pipes coated? They look black in the pic.

How about a shot of the whole bike.

Though I've brightened them back to original "cross grain" brushed finish many times, lately I've come to prefer the head pipes and Stucchi crossover's progressively darker "natural stainless" patina that they acquire with age when left alone (except for cleaning).

post-1212-1236918236_thumb.jpg

Though I've brightened them back to original "cross grain" brushed finish many times, lately I've come to prefer the head pipes and Stucchi crossover's progressively darker "natural stainless" patina that they acquire with age when left alone (except for cleaning).

Nicely kept bike. Those knee grips have a familiar profile. What are they from?

When I bought my bike the PO had neglected the head pipes and one side had some surface rust. I've gotten into the habit of cleaning them up with scotchbrite pads over the winter and letting them darken over the riding season.

Guest ratchethack

Thanks, Dan.

Those knee grips have a familiar profile. What are they from?

I know this is sacrilege, but they're OEM Bayerische Motoren Werke, as issued on a R-100. :o

I can't hardly ride without gripping the tank on any moto. I find it provides a more connected feel and greater sense of control.

How did you get the bike to stand up while you took the picture? Do you have the same powers as Uri Geller ?

Could be that it's leaning up against that huge chunk o' sandstone that's trying to hide behind the bike in the photo, but only Ratch' would know for certain... ;)

Guest ratchethack

?? :huh2: ??

I'd have thought the sidestand, being visibly extended (on a not-so-visible block of wood, IIRC), would answer the Q?

No sandstone close by hereabouts, but the hills are loaded with granite and gneiss. The local landscape "arteests" tend to arrange sizeable boulders in groups amongst lawns and gardens. The one visible in the photo is actually about 6 feet away from the Guzzi. They're the only places weeds don't thrive. :P Kinda gneiss, I guess. :sun:

?? :huh2: ??

I'd have thought the sidestand, being visibly extended (on a not-so-visible block of wood, IIRC), would answer the Q?

No sandstone close by hereabouts, but the hills are loaded with granite and gneiss. The local landscape "arteests" tend to arrange sizeable boulders in groups amongst lawns and gardens. The one visible in the photo is actually about 6 feet away from the Guzzi. They're the only places weeds don't thrive. :P Kinda gneiss, I guess. :sun:

See! I told you Ratch' would know!..

;)

Gneiss, sandstone: it's all the devil's music to me! :lol: