pimp your carc

Paul Minnaert

• 2 weeks later...

Rossopuro (see the link above on the site sponsors bar) sell Alpina wheels for the V11. Not sure if they sell them for CARC bikes but they have fitted a pair to their Grios special- expensive though.

Guzzi themsleves make spoked wheels for CARC bikes- see the new Griso Tenni.

Yes, Alpina offers some spoked wheels alternatives (not a surprise as Alpina supply the Stelvio spoked wheels).

But usually spoked wheels are heavier... Though they look nice.

I was curious to know how much the current Carc wheels weigh. Stock wheels are very heavy on stock V11 /1100 sport, and you can loose a lot of weight by going aftermarket. Is the same potential benefit available on the Griso?

I was interested in finding out if there were some true performance forged wheels available (like say PVM or Marchesini). I have not seen any yet...

Mathieu

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, Alpina offers some spoked wheels alternatives (not a surprise as Alpina supply the Stelvio spoked wheels).

But usually spoked wheels are heavier... Though they look nice.

I was curious to know how much the current Carc wheels weigh. Stock wheels are very heavy on stock V11 /1100 sport, and you can loose a lot of weight by going aftermarket. Is the same potential benefit available on the Griso?

I was interested in finding out if there were some true performance forged wheels available (like say PVM or Marchesini). I have not seen any yet...

Mathieu

I weighed a bare G1100 wheel and a bare front wheel from an RSV Mille 2007 the other day. The Griso wheel was lighter by over 2 pounds. It's not a bad wheel.