Can Hangers

windchill

My 2003 lemon is fitted with MG's own Ti cans, hung, with the hangers that came with the kit, from "reversed" pillion pegs - an idea that someone on here came up with to move the hanging point further aft.

Questions:

1. has anyone got any idea where I can buy something better than the hangers that came with the kit - they "walk" the can as the bike heats/cools/vibrates, thereby pushing the rubber protectors out and scratching the surface of the cans.

2. if no, any ideas where I can get a supply of rubber/plastic "channel" section to keep replacing?

3. does anyone know of a company making replacements for the whole pillion peg bracket/plate assembly - preferably without pegs? I want to make her a pure single seater.

Thanks.

hanger.jpg

I have experienced the same.

on V11 should fit eshaust hangers from RSV. The latest models that have two cans should be best. My approach to solving these trouble was:

1. Get your GF/wife her own bike.... solved

2. Obtain used hangers from 1100 Sport which should be the same as yours and

use the your imagination how to remove the pass.pegs completely :)

I used simple saw for aluminium, then cleared all the hangers and finally, sprayed them with the Geniune HD Crank paint I used on my engine. It looks just perfect.

as for the channel section, I will try to get it from Stein-dinse or buy anteenas man rubber tape (the self-vulcanizing one) and do the rubber thing myself

good luck to you ;)

Thanks for that!! Wife won't go near the bikes, son hates the Guzzi now the pillion pegs are so high up, and daughter has just bought herself a 600!!

I had hoped someone might have made a nice lightweight aluminum hanger like the one N-W-S do for Triumph.

Suppose I could do the hacksaw thing, but......

S3_Scorpion_hanger.jpg