Fuel injection conversion

cycles4fun

Nice bike :)

What are the valve sizes of V11 lemans heads.

If I remember correctly, from the Sport 1100 carb onwards inlet and exhaust valves are 0.5mm smaller than earlier big valves. I believe this is to allow clearance with the more extreme standard cam in the 1100s.

I'm tuning a Sport 1100i engine to stick in my old LMII and I've gone the other way - my HSR45s arrived this week :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Greg, I'll take that as a complement! This thing has been a love / hate relationship for years! Nobody in sound mind would spend the time I have in this bike! I guess I enjoy the challenge of constantly trying to make it better. I could easily replace it with something far superior and begin to sleep at night but I dont need to explain this to all you Guzzi guys as you all get it. You might hate it from time to time but nothing stirrs the soul like a Goose! Greg, tell me which way would you go, EFI or Carbs.

EFI. You will almost certainly need a PCIII and custom map.

We want to see this!!

Who advised you on HSR45? I would have thought that 42s were enough on a 2V engine

My own tiny mind :unsure:

The EFI throttle bodies were 42mm if I remember correctly and the heads will be having a load of work done before the engine is finished. I figured that along with the better quality and consistency of the Mikunis over the usual Dellorto crap I stand half a chance of making the thing run right.

Might be an expensive mistake, might not :huh2: - either way, it'll be interesting to see how the 110 back tyre puts up with it :wacko:

I'll put some photos up when I've got a bit further with it.

45s won't be too large.

That's lucky :D

Do a little porting work. Do not open up the ports at all. Rather, experiment on a bench, filling in with clay to eliminate all the dead space, to increase port velocities.

Heads will be going to Raceco for the porting, I'll be twin plugging them myself.