octane boost

lukethecaveman

Looking through the owners manual i notice it recommends a 97 octane. I was wondering out of all of the v11 owners stock and modified how many of you run an octane boost for your bike. is it required to prevent pinging. i havent noticed any yet but i just bought the bike and been riding it for short rides in 30-50 degree weather.

That is a European rating and does not directly equate to 'murican. I assume you are in the US. We use RON+MON/2. It is fine to run US high test in your Guzzi. Some bikes do suffer from light knocking in some situations but that is easily fixed with a PowerCommander, or you can go the Ratchet route and fudge the engine temp sensor reading (see engine temp sensor thread).

Ask away. It was not the first time someone has asked that. There are a number of things in the manual that either were not translated well or mis-printed. If in doubt, ask.

Thanks for squaring things up. I have a power commander installed. Sorry for the question i just get lost when i look at the bike, its an awesome machine to me.

The feeling does NOT go away....