MGS-01 Strada

biesel

Not bad, not bad at all.... :mg::rasta::race:

Thanks for the tip, Jan!

Cheers

Søren

What the hell have they done!! ok so its a photo chump but jebesus the only reason it looks half reasonable is because the orginal was so stunning in the first place. You couldn't use that swing arm with the newer motor tranny combination, why not fit the aplira lenardo headlight into the mesh grill like it was desinged too rather than bashing the headlights into the fairing. For that matter why does it have a RS4V tail rather than the MGS one why has the silver bit in the front garud carried over fron the grsio where it works to a bike it has no obious pourpose. Why aren't the front indicators integrated with the mirrors like on the RSV aprilia. Petal disks are out of place too IMO and the red belly pan can disappear without a trace with no great loss. But what would I know about design I'm only a potential customer :D .

:stupid:

You can modify an MGS01 to be road legal for about £1000- the original looks much prettier than this mock up.

What is this kit?

I only knew about the daes mototec kit, which is far more expensive.

Dimitris,

When you take the aprilia leonardo headlight, a v11 lighting wireloom with handlebar switches, a light rear and some direction lights, youre done. And don't forget to add the thermostat in the oil pan. But maybe in Greece it's always hot.

But this was about the UK where things seem easy, here it's not possible to get it licenced, only when it had a license in another EU country. I know one is in our country with Dutch license.

I used the wiring loom from a Ducati 749. I needed to adapt a couple of connectors but it worked well. I also used the Aprilia Leonardo headlamp and a Centauro oil cooler. I don't know if there will be issues with the cooler as it is about 15% smaller in area but i don't expect race speeds when on the road.

well this was the first prototype, with old style aprilia forks. They brake the same, I had them.

Look the v11 oil cooler they mounted. Why didn't you use the original cooler jim? But without thermostat the engine will be under temperature most of the time. The oil pan is the v11 one but with the mgs they left out the thermostat. Should be easy to put back in.

So OK,

apart from the headlamp, the flashes, the rear light, the handlebar switches, someone will need the V11 oil cooler with its thermostat?

As far as the rear light, which one is recommended?

So OK,

apart from the headlamp, the flashes, the rear light, the handlebar switches, someone will need the V11 oil cooler with its thermostat?

As far as the rear light, which one is recommended?

I wish they made these valve covers, they would look good on my centauro

moto_guzzi_mgs_01_cl.jpg