Ballabio idle

falcokongen

Hi

Last summer i got my hands on a Ballabio with 4000 km on the clock at a wery good price at a Triumph dealer.

Now it has 12000 km on it. This winter i desided, after spending a lot of hours on this great forum, to do my valves, TPS new plugs and TB sync. I was not 100% happy with the way it was runnig. Popping at steady throtle at 6000 rpm + low gas milage.

Set valves at 0,15-0,20.

When i put my multimeter on the TPS i got 1250mV. I figured that caused the low gas milage.

Set TPS according to this forum 150mV.

Bike will not idle.

Tried Micha way.

Bike wil not idle.

Idle TPS 525mV.

Plugs are white.

Runs ok above 3000rpm. Popping at 6000rpm is gone

Bypass adjusters makes no differense. Cheked for air leaks, craks ect. all good.

I have done this over and over to be sure i didnt miss anthing

Only way to obtain stady idle is to increase idle tps to 850-900mV. Popping at 6000 rpm is back.

Help needed.

Did you put on an aftermarket exhaust or pod type filters? That will cause the bike to run lean.

Also you may want to try setting the valves a little tighter, .1 & .15 instead of the .15 & .20

Synching the tb's takes practice to get it just right too. I use a TwinMax balancer & lots of people here like that particular one to do the job. When you say that adjusting the air idle screws does nothing, I can assure you that it does. I hope one of those things will help you.

Bike is bone stock.

I am not new at carb synching and i asume TBs work the same way.

Adjusting the bypass does nothing to the idle. I have tried 1/2 turn to 1 1/2 turn with no difference.

Did you ensure that the idle trim is set to zero? That's the part of the Micha method that requires the Axone dealer tool or VDST software. If not it could be that your idle trim was set way too lean by someone trying compensate for an incorrectly set TPS. That might be why the bike won't idle.

Adjusting the bypass does nothing to the idle. I have tried 1/2 turn to 1 1/2 turn with no difference.

I agree with Tom but this bypass thing is very wierd. It should be very sensitive to those screws.

Are you sure your sync nipples are closed, tight plugged or connected to each other with a hose that does not leak? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

did you set the baseline TPS before bringing it up to 525mV? it should be 150mV with no stop screws touching then brought up to 525 with the idle screw.

I think you did but just sayin'

Did you ensure that the idle trim is set to zero? That's the part of the Micha method that requires the Axone dealer tool or VDST software. If not it could be that your idle trim was set way too lean by someone trying compensate for an incorrectly set TPS. That might be why the bike won't idle.

That makes sense. That could be the reason why my plugs are white and i get very litle response from adjusting the bypass.

I just dont have a dealer i trust nearby so i have ordered the VDST std kit.

The TPS i set at 150mV with butterfly closed. I even removed the intakeboot to make sure it was closed. And then the throtle stop was adjustet to 525mV. I think i have done everyting right. But will give this idle trim a go.

Thanks

You could install a prototype of Ratchethack's "handlebar mounted coon-tune oil temp sensor heat sink/variable resitor and potentiometer thingamabobs" to get things just right!

You could install a prototype of Ratchethack's "handlebar mounted coon-tune oil temp sensor heat sink/variable resitor and potentiometer thingamabobs" to get things just right!

And if that's not enough, you can always splash a few buckets of thermal inertia on the bike. That'll fix it.