brake rotor bolts

raz

Why not buck up for some Ti bolts. Those are also readily available for Duc's.

I saw them for 10€ a piece. I need 12 of them... Should they be cheaper than that?

• 2 months later...

Aprilia Part AP8152286 - hex head screw with flange. Appreciably cheaper and a better option, thinking ahead, for the next time the rotors have to come off.

AP8152286_M8x20.jpg

...they are 1.84€ a piece while the crappy Guzzi ones are 2.55€ :rolleyes:

I settled for standard socket head 12.9 M8x20 in black from a hardware store specialized in fasteners. They were like €5 in TOTAL for 12 pcs ;)

Ya know gentlemen, science is a bitch in that if you focus small enough you'll definitely miss the big picture.

I would have greater fear of the threads stripping out of the ALUMINUM ALLOY wheel lonnnnnng before I'd sweat about 6 stainless bolts simultaneously failing in shear.

Go.

Polish. Ride. Repeat.

Aprilia Part AP8152286 - hex head screw with flange. Appreciably cheaper and a better option, thinking ahead, for the next time the rotors have to come off.

AP8152286_M8x20.jpg

[/quote

These bolts are also used on the V11 starting the KS series and I was willing to buy them in Mandello but couldn't get hold of them. So I bought the unfortunate stock screws with 5 mm hex heads again. Couldn't dismount the discs without distroying 50% of these screws.

Now I know where to get them next time....

Thanks

Seems you have the solution with other companies bolts. Cadmium plated steel is the only fastener that will not marry with aluminum. Stainless has no place as a fastener with aluminum as it will react and after a little time you won't get it back out without destroying the receiving threads. It is pretty, but that is all stainless is. Never use it where strength is required, the reduction in iron content makes it very unreliable.