Throttle Meister Problem

Bubb

Okay, I couldn't take the palm sander like vibrations from my bars at highway speeds any longer so, I sprung for a set of the heavy Throttle Meister weights. My problem is the threads in my bars are dramatically different than on the weights, I am fairly sure the bars are stock but I am not sure how to tell. Also when I pulled the stock(?) bar ends off they were fairly substantial weighing in at nearly the same and having a long rod that extended into the grip, I found this odd as some members have said they poured lead shot or weights into the bars and from what I can tell you couldn't get more than a few ounces and still fit the ends on. Am I completely confused or what? If need be I will figure out how to post any photos that are needed. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Okay, I couldn't take the palm sander like vibrations from my bars at highway speeds any longer so, I sprung for a set of the heavy Throttle Meister weights. My problem is the threads in my bars are dramatically different than on the weights, I am fairly sure the bars are stock but I am not sure how to tell. Also when I pulled the stock(?) bar ends off they were fairly substantial weighing in at nearly the same and having a long rod that extended into the grip, I found this odd as some members have said they poured lead shot or weights into the bars and from what I can tell you couldn't get more than a few ounces and still fit the ends on. Am I completely confused or what? If need be I will figure out how to post any photos that are needed. Thank you all in advance for your help.

What's the part number of the TMs you bought. Most fit only specific years of Guzzis.

DO your bars have a big hex plug that screws into them? O were the bar-ends attached to a longish insert that's part rubber?

No hex plug, I appears to be a solid milled piece of metal with a 5mm allen wrench socket on the end. The only rubber part was an O-ring at the point where the insert met the grip just after the threading.

I think that type needs the TMs for 8mm inner bar diameter. Measure the plug thing.

Okay so I yanked the plug out again and took a poor quality pic with my phone as I seem to have lost my camera in my last move. I measured the end of the rod and it came out to be 16mm and I was able to look up into the bar end and the rod butts up against a soild piece so I took the pics hope they help a little.

Okay so I yanked the plug out again and took a poor quality pic with my phone as I seem to have lost my camera in my last move. I measured the end of the rod and it came out to be 16mm and I was able to look up into the bar end and the rod butts up against a soild piece so I took the pics hope they help a little.

Here are the pics I was finally able to shrink them down.I just hope this works.

phpUGkribPM.jpg

phptR0FprPM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...