Broken side stand mount

waspp

I just noticed my side stand on the 03 LeMans was loose and upon further inspection the casting broke where the lower bolt threads in. I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and if so did you manage to have it successfully welded. I guess the other option is to locate another casting. Suggestions and ideas wellcome.

Hal

Hal ,Glad you didn't find out about that the hard way while leaned over in a turn.

Stoopid Luigi :homer:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update: I was fortunate enough John here on the board had a used sump spacer and the bike is back together ready to go!

An interesting find in the process was the sidestand bracket mounts differntly from an 02 to 03-04. My sump had one mounting hole and a fairly large bolt going through the bracket and into the sump. The 02 sump had two threaded holes smaller in size than mine. This leads me to ask if the newer bikes had more breakage issues than the previous models? Does the 02 sidestand use both threaded holes in the sump to mount the bracket? Inquiring minds have to know!

Does the 02 sidestand use both threaded holes in the sump to mount the bracket? Inquiring minds have to know!

My '02 has a large bolt and a small bolt (M6).

PS thanks for posting your Ti can repair over in the how-to section Hal. Unfortunately I had to use it yesterday, but I'm happy with the results.