fork tubes & triple clamps

Steve W

The tops of the fork tubes on my (new to me) '02 LeMans are about 1" above the top of the upper triple clamp. Is this normal, or did the PO make an adjustment? The bike has a set of Verlicchi bars/risers on and I'd like to get the bars up a little higher - but with it as it is currently, things will start running into the fairing at the extremes of steering if I raise them at all. If I drop the fork tubes down, it should give me the room I need (if I'm thinking about this correctly).

Thanks,

Steve

The standard clip-on is mounted on the top of the triple clamp. that is why you see the 25mm of the fork tub extending through the triple clamp.

As I recall, the OEM clipons were mounted on top of the triple tee, so the fork tubes stick out about an inch. Dropping the fork tubes will not help you. You will be able to adjust the Verlicchis, but your actual bar height won't be higher. Another thing to think about: dropping the forks will affect the handling (and not in a positive way)

The fairing just isn't made for higher bars. That's why I took it off to fit Ballabio bars.

The standard clip-on is mounted on the top of the triple clamp. that is why you see the 25mm of the fork tub extending through the triple clamp.

Well, ok - that's why I was wondering. I guess I might be able to pick up a little by rotating the Verlicci clamps toward the back of the bike and pivoting the bars forward to maintain the angle - I should be able to raise them up a little more while bringing them back toward me. Maybe that'll be enough.

Thanks,

Steve