Busted trans

BRENTTODD

Friday on my way home from work took a down shift to slow down and trans seemed like I missed the gear or hit between gears. Got into gear went on to a complete stop had a real hard time getting into 1st. Left stop and seems like i lost second gear hole ride home no second gear and hard to shift. Made it home removed trans side cover to expose gears and found cog (for the lack of knowing real name) that the paw rides on busted on the bottom of the case. The paw is the one towards the rear of the trans closest to the inspection cover. Is this common ? Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestion or comments are welcome before me and fuelcooler tear the trans down.

First, sorry to hear your news. Second, I'd say your avatar, and some hilarious posts about wheelie contests, or "who can go fastest till you run out of alley" races MAY point to a idea or two. Hope the repair somehow turns out to be cheap and easy, Good Luck :thumbsup:

Yea I know i should change my avatar it looks bad. I wasnt tearing her up at all when the problem occured. I only do the burn outs very rarely on cold tires. The wheelies are done on other toys everybody knows guzzies pull to the right to hard to be any good for a wheelie contest. Thanks for rembering all the bad things i have done Henry HA HA

Has anybody else had this problem?

I doubt that it's common. Can you post some pics?

Not of your pantaloons,

– of your gearbox bits.

Your motorbike gearbox bits.

I plan on removing the trans tonight. I will try to take some pic and post them up for ya. Dont worry I will try to hold myself back and not take any pics of my bits, I can not be responsible for fuelcooler though, if there is any non Guzzi bits its his.

Brent,

It's probably too late for this but...you might want to check the transmission recall notice in the fileshare section of this site to see if your bike was included. If it was at least you'll know why your tranny broke.

Brent,

It's probably too late for this but...you might want to check the transmission recall notice in the fileshare section of this site to see if your bike was included. If it was at least you'll know why your tranny broke.

I do belive Mike told me the recall had been done, and if I hunted down the paper work I rember seeing it. I gona clak it up to bad luck. I talked to Greg he said the parts should not be a problem so thats good. I have time tonight to get the lock rings off the gear set check all the gear faces to make sure everything is ok and give greg a call for some parts. Hopefully I wont be down for too much longer.

Have you posted pictures already?

THX, Hubert

Dont think you will see any pics fuelcooler computer is down and he is the pic poster. You will just have to take our word for it sorry. Now that it is apart it looks like the dog just split in four places. I ran out of time yesterday to split the gear set but i am gona try to do it tonight. My kids are hitting that age (baseball boyscouts) It is hard to dedicate a lot of time to the guzzi. I will keep ya posted

xxoo

Brent