clutch failure after 35000km

I have suffered strange vibrations during starts. The clutch lever was vibrating and overall the starts were odd.

so... after dismounting I discovered that this "thing - dont know the word in English" has been torn apart from the bolts securing it on its place.

dsc00123n.jpg

clutch plates are heavily worn - they have not been changed yet. Bike has 35000 on the odo.

I am just curious as I was told by many Guzzisti that the clutch last at least 60000km

any hints what should caused this? Except production error.

The rivets failed. It happens sometimes. Replacement plates are available on which the friction material is glued to the plate, rather than riveted. The trade-off is that these have much harsher clutch engagement than the riveted plates. I have them at Moto Intl. if you cannot find them locally.

The rivets failed. It happens sometimes. Replacement plates are available on which the friction material is glued to the plate, rather than riveted. The trade-off is that these have much harsher clutch engagement than the riveted plates. I have them at Moto Intl. if you cannot find them locally.

Thanks Greg!

I will receive new surflex clutch kit tommorow ;) thanks to the Prvni Kozi dealer in Czech. 40€ each. Good price I guess.