You Gotta be Kidding Me with these Headlight Clips

jsciullo

OK, so I remove headlight, take off clips, remove the glass and pull out the piece of crap "thingy" that broke off. I have a small "smiley face" of warn off silver refective material inside the light. No problem. Then reassembly!! I spent hours on that thing yesterday trying to get the clips back on and I've got to be doing something wrong. I can get a few on one side - then the other side wont clip in. One hear and one there but not even close to being tight enough. Is ther some secret to this thing that Im missing. Im getting ready to replace the whole thing - too much good riding weather Im missing!!

Thanks for all your help on this - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Jim in Dublin, OH

...gosh, I wish I could offer some sort of "technical" answer, but all I can do is offer my moral support :D

I really didn't have any trouble getting my lamp assembly apart, and back together. In fact the only trouble I had was getting the damned thing back into the bucket housing <_>

Best wishes.... just keep working at it I guess, or maybe someone here has had a similar challenge and can offer a suggestion :huh2:

al

Been there with the Bosch headlamp of my Centauro so I suppose this must be similar. I spent an afternoon trying to put those damn clips back.

The secret to those whom haven't performed this chore yet is to notice exactly where they are when you take the headlight apart.

What you do first is figure which way is "up" and which "down" on those clips. I can't really describe it but see that most of the clip is pushing against the reflector and the edges are towards the frame.

Then put them on in two groups three and nine o'clock (in respect to the "12" position of the top of the headlight) INTERLOCKING, that is one clip is over the previous one.

Hope this helps.

O ====== = = = = =

// > ===== ==== === = = = =

[+] < [+] ====== ==== == = = = = =

Nickos Costopoulos - Athens, Greece

1986 K100RS - 1996 Centauro V10 (Auntie and Eva)

http://flyingbrick.freeyellow.com

Got the clips on. Now Im fighting with the getting that assembly into the light bucket!! Im ready to hit it with a sledge. Called my dealer and guess what Guzzi is going to cover it under warranty. So much for being proactive.

I just might duc tae the damn thing on there.

Jim