1000cc V7 Classic?

Orson

www.motorcycle-usa.com

"Moto Guzzi is apparently considering supplanting some of its more modern power-trains into machines with classical styling like the V7 Classic. Favourable response to the older styled machines has been marred by comments about its lack of get-up-and-go."

"This would of course be the cheapest way for the factory to give the fans exactly what they want, despite initially rejecting the idea on a cost basis. Insiders are now suggesting that such a move is now under consideration, even more so when you read on below!"

"While they think about that, Moto Guzzi admits that it is going to launch a brand new machine with the California moniker for 2010. The 1200cc machine will be its new flagship model, according to the press department. The original was launched in 1971 as a touring version of the V7, but based on a police specification model. Ten years later, the capacity was upped to 948 and in ’93 it got fuel injection. Expect the power-train to come from a Stelvio!"

www.motorcycle-usa.com

"Moto Guzzi is apparently considering supplanting some of its more modern power-trains into machines with classical styling like the V7 Classic. Favourable response to the older styled machines has been marred by comments about its lack of get-up-and-go."

"This would of course be the cheapest way for the factory to give the fans exactly what they want, despite initially rejecting the idea on a cost basis. Insiders are now suggesting that such a move is now under consideration, even more so when you read on below!"

While I hadn't considered it I think Greg hit the nail on the head when he said that they should have the V7 tank on the Bellagio running gear with twin pipes.

For those of you who haven't had the chance to ride a Bellagio, (It isn't imported to the USA :angry2::moon: ) that package is by FAR the best of the *new* pushrod bikes outside of the Griso and if you stuck the Bellagio donk in the Griso you'd have the absolute pick!

The 'Custom/Cruiser' styling of the Bellagio doesn't appeal to some but ide one and they really are FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!!! It's the shortest stroke big-block ever and if you wring its neck it lifts it's skirts and flies!!!! I reckon with a more 'Sporty' styling package they could sell a motza, especially if they call it a '1000' even though it's a 940cc motor but it wouldn't be the first time they've done that and, at the end of the day, the only people who really care about such shit are gay pirates and bank clerks! :bbblll:

Pete

Maybe the Bellagio motor in a Tonti frame- a Le Mans Vintage? With a Tonti frame you could give it the look of a LM1 or V7 Sport.

I'm not sure if the CARC rear end lends itself to cafe racer styling- well all the photoshopped abominations I have seen have been hideous anyway. Maybe now the factory have hired Terblanche he may come up with something different than we are used to.

I've not had the chance to ride a Bellagio yet, but i hear nothing but good things. It would make sense to use the engine in more than one model, it is the usual practice so if this story is true you'd have to think this would be the engine. ATM it is the only one used in just one model. I reckon you're right Pete, this would be a real seller, if it is priced right. Look how well Ducati is doing with their "Sportclassic" range. No reason Guzzi could not do similar, have a naked, and also do a half faired model along the lines of the V11 naked/V11 LeMans.

The 940 is a parts bin specail 850 crank with 1200 bores, !@#$ing works though a V9.4 Cafe sport would be the go pref with a 17inch front wheel so you have your choice of sporting or touring rubber. Don't see it comming in very cheap though some people have some hangups about anything under 1000cc from guzzi. And they should keep the twin stacked system from the bellagio too IMO.

mark, ducati isn't doing good with the sportclassic range, they don't sell.

I suppose Guzzi is going to a one engine strategy(except the small bocks), all more is waste.

So new cali gets the 4v, then the norge too, they do have that almost with the 1200sport 4v.

Only 2v left is the bellagio then, and if they are going to keep it, I think it does not sell well, the last 2v can be a 4v too.

As one of the Piaggio bosses tol in an interview: what sense does it make to have two 1200 cc engines in production, that have no parts in common? We all know which one is leaving then.

The Tonti is dead, unless you now all get a new tonti. Most Guzzisti are 45+ so a bit more comfort is a good thing. And the comfort the new bikes have is so much more then the old tontis. Keep the old tonti in the shed for the memorys, and buy a carc one to make miles.

Maybe the Bellagio motor in a Tonti frame- a Le Mans Vintage? With a Tonti frame you could give it the look of a LM1 or V7 Sport.

I'm not sure if the CARC rear end lends itself to cafe racer styling- well all the photoshopped abominations I have seen have been hideous anyway. Maybe now the factory have hired Terblanche he may come up with something different than we are used to.

The Bellagio is a Tonti frame [well, the swingarm is updated, but the front half is still a Tonti, much like the CalVin.

But yes, putting the V7 Classic Cafe styling on the Bellagio rolling bits would be a big win for Guzzi. Of course, they'd have to bring it Stateside for my forecast to come true... :rolleyes:

They should have done this 25 years ago but that's Guzzi. The last effort the 1000s nearly got there but not quite, there is no reason they couldnt do it with a V11 spine apart from effort!