Anybody know how this peg change was done...

df2

With legs llike that, you really will need to relocate the pegs a bit. Sadly, Guzzi's are designed more for apes than people: long arms and short legs usually fit best.

If you are really interested in getting a Sport, find one that is close and in good shape. I personally wouldn't worry too much about whether it is a Ballabio, Sport, Cafe, Nero, etc. They are all the same frame (after '01) and the same motor, running gear etc. They will all have the same feel when driving and basically, the same look. The Ohlins shocks are on a few models. If you were interested in that, you wouldn't be looking at a Sport.

If it comes with a Magni fairing, you are lucky. You can pop that off, sell it and use the money to buy bars, headlight, couple of beers.

Here's a list of changes by year:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

Under the FAQ, there is also a heading or two on footpeg relocation (a popular mod, I guess).

One serious suggestion I have is to give Greg Field a call at MI and order that footpeg relocating kit. It is very little money and when you do get a Sport, you'll have it on hand rather than trying to engineer a retrofit. If you never buy a Sport, I'd bet you could sell it for what you paid.

Well, I did buy the sport. Got a price I couldn't pass up. I should receive it next weekend or during the following week. I did ride a v11 lemans over the weekend and based on that

I will be lowering the pegs just a hair if the setups similar. I've been told all services were performed with the last being at 7K miles (she has 8.3k on her). Regardless she's going almost straight into the Guzzi dealer to confirm she's in the condition stated and to have her rear end (part under seat) repainted for a small blemish she has.