Electrical gremlins

alabamav11

I have a V11 Sport with electrical problems. Frequently when I start the bike the headlight, brake light, tach, horn, and low fuel light won't work. Possibly it doesn't charge either in this condition but haven't been able to verify that yet. Usually at some point in the ride all these items begin working and continue to work until I shut the bike down. Any ideas?

Guest ratchethack

The high probability is, it's your LIGHTS relay (#2 front-to-back), but best check the socket also & make sure one of the female spade-type recepticles hasn't been shoved out through the back of the socket. I highly recommend Omron replacement relays from John Mickowski, Forum Member and engineer, by long direct personal experience. :thumbsup:

You can order at this link, but also check his relay comparo evaluation linked at his site:

http://www.motratech.com/Motratech/MGRC20.html

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not 'off topic' at all! Relay quality and connectivity remain the #1 biggest improvement an owner can make to these bikes' reliability.

Some bikes have "map pockets" in their tank bags, V11s have "electrical diagram/troubleshooting" pockets . . .:luigi: