Ok, my head is spinning

Greybeard

I've been trying to absorb as much info here as possible about my alleged '03 and think I found the answer.

First off, some '02's were sold as '03's? Is that correct?

All my paper work says '03 but I've got the chin rest on the tank and external fuel pump.

So '02, right?

Then does this mean there are '03 and up technological upgrades I must covet?

Bloody hell.

Need to set this right. :rolleyes:

And...this bike has Mistral cans, somebodies crossover and a USB PClll.

I notice the vacuum line off the fuel regulator... but that's no big deal?

And no air box mods that I can see.

I do like the seperate pods though. B)

Any thing to beware of when lifting the tanK? I need to locate and reposition the tipover valve to allevaite tank burp.

Ripped one right in my face. :vomit:

Might's well rip out what's left of the carbon can on the swing arm...what's the drill on that?

Just plug all the associated ports?

TIA!

I've been trying to absorb as much info here as possible about my alleged '03 and think I found the answer.

First off, some '02's were sold as '03's? Is that correct?

All my paper work says '03 but I've got the chin rest on the tank and external fuel pump.

So '02, right?

Then does this mean there are '03 and up technological upgrades I must covet?

Bloody hell.

Need to set this right. :rolleyes:

Don't think there are any real differences in upgrades, so it's ok to continue to covet the old upgrades. Olde ways are goode ways.

And...this bike has Mistral cans, somebodies crossover and a USB PClll.

And no air box mods that I can see.

I do like the seperate pods though. B)

Any thing to beware of when lifting the tanK? I need to locate and reposition the tipover valve to allevaite tank burp.

Ripped one right in my face. :vomit:

Might's well rip out what's left of the carbon can on the swing arm...what's the drill on that?

TIA!

Es

OK

Me too

There are two (I think two) lines under somewhere in the center of the tank- one's an overflow, the other is a vent if I recall. I put the back of tank on the broad side of a 2X4 and unhook all the lines. Dont forget to unplug the fuel petcock and....some other electical line (been too long and my beard is grey also).

When you take off the carbon things, save them (just in case). There's two lines with a T right at the back of the fuel tank. I plugged one side and ran the other down the frame and open to air.

The answer is in your VIN number:

(example) ZGUKR0000XM111111

Numbers 1,2,3: Code WMI (World Manufactures’ Identifier)

Numbers 4,5: Type of vehicle

Numbers 6,7: Model

Numbers 8,9: Version

Number 10: Year of manufacturing, for example: X = 1999

Y = 2000 1=2001 2=2002 3=2003 and so on

Number 11: Manufacturing plant (M = Mandello del Lario)

Numbers 12,13,14,15,16,17: Chassis number (no.111111 refers to the first vehicle

built)

The little port at the base of the fuel regulator that looks like it should have a line on it, doesn't have a line on it (i.e it vents to the atmosphere)

Only North American (and Singapore) market bikes are fitted with a fuel vapour purification and recirculation system. My Aussie bike functions just nicely without it, so yes you can rip it out. Keep in mind though you will no longer meet your state's emissions regulations.

If you have a 2003 V11 Sport Naked, it is an '02 "spec" bike, but is a 2003 model. They look just like other V11 Sports but have the fuzzy black engine paint.

For some reason Guzzi sold/built the remaining 2002 spec stock as the "2003 Sport Naked" and yes it has all the 2002 bits, not 2003+ improvements, except perhaps for some minor components.

So it should have the external fuel system, fuzzy paint, 1st gen Marz shocks, etc.

But it is still a good bike and any of those features can be retrofitted at a later date if you so desire. The fuzzy paint is a bit harder to "replace", but still do-able. It sounds like someone has already started tinkering based on your details about exhaust and crossover.

As far as the carbon canister, yep, just remove it, route the vent/drain from the tank under the bike, and plug or "bridge" the vacuum ports on the TBs. And the fuel pressure regulator reference port came from the factory unplugged/open. You don't need to do anything with that.

There were some threads, one rather long if I recall, about the potential for using that port as a reference if you are interested, but again from the factory it is left disconnected.

Good luck with the bike!

Al

If you have a 2003 V11 Sport Naked, it is an '02 "spec" bike, but is a 2003 model. They look just like other V11 Sports but have the fuzzy black engine paint.

For some reason Guzzi sold/built the remaining 2002 spec stock as the "2003 Sport Naked" and yes it has all the 2002 bits, not 2003+ improvements, except perhaps for some minor components.

So it should have the external fuel system, fuzzy paint, 1st gen Marz shocks, etc.

But it is still a good bike and any of those features can be retrofitted at a later date if you so desire. The fuzzy paint is a bit harder to "replace", but still do-able. It sounds like someone has already started tinkering based on your details about exhaust and crossover.

As far as the carbon canister, yep, just remove it, route the vent/drain from the tank under the bike, and plug or "bridge" the vacuum ports on the TBs. And the fuel pressure regulator reference port came from the factory unplugged/open. You don't need to do anything with that.

There were some threads, one rather long if I recall, about the potential for using that port as a reference if you are interested, but again from the factory it is left disconnected.

Good luck with the bike!

Al

its not all upgrades, how about the folks with the lovely front crossover, or exploding damper :wacko: psh I think my 2000 is just great if only it didn't get a lil tank suck or ping somewhat on hott days. oh and buy a couple extra relays for you tool kit, they don't last forever for some reason. :bier: