Sport 1100 Exhaust

cashaden

Hello all, I am not sure if this is the correct area to be posting this, but here goes.

I have a 1995 Sport 1100 Carb with the factory exhaust setup. I am in the market for an aftermarket crossover, or full exhaust. The ideal exhaust would be a full termi system. I have seen the one crossover on MGCycle, but I have not heard good things about the Stucchi x-over, and $425 for only the crossover, I might as well get the D&D full exhaust and upgrade the silencers later.

So, my question here is, does anyone else know of where I can find and new or used x-over or full exhaust system? Heck, I would take a broken x-over, I can get it welded up. I have a call into MotoInternational, so hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Also, is there a good place in the US where I can find salvage parts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Casey

Hello all, I am not sure if this is the correct area to be posting this, but here goes.

I have a 1995 Sport 1100 Carb with the factory exhaust setup. I am in the market for an aftermarket crossover, or full exhaust. The ideal exhaust would be a full termi system. I have seen the one crossover on MGCycle, but I have not heard good things about the Stucchi x-over, and $425 for only the crossover, I might as well get the D&D full exhaust and upgrade the silencers later.

So, my question here is, does anyone else know of where I can find and new or used x-over or full exhaust system? Heck, I would take a broken x-over, I can get it welded up. I have a call into MotoInternational, so hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Also, is there a good place in the US where I can find salvage parts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Casey

We don't have an equivalent to Reboot Spares stateside, but we're lucky enough to have several great dealers. You might try calling Moto Guzzi Classics in Long Beach, they've been quietly selling off their old stock on eBay, but might have yet to uncover an old crossover. Other than the usual suspects [MGC, MI, MGNOC classifieds, etc.], just keep prowling eBay & hope to get lucky... of course it helps that you're here on v11lm putting the word out so you've got friends keeping their eyes peeled for you.! :thumbsup:

Quat D were advertising a full system (with twin mufflers) for the V11 which would go pretty close to fitting the 1100 sport it was reasnobly priced IMO too there will be a little stuffing around with brakects and mounting pionts as the motor is a little offset on the sport most V11 systems would come close except for maybe the Quat-D V11 under gearbox setup although I remeber that been advertised for the 1100 sport as well. If you have a local pipe shop they might be able to konck you up a basic H style cross over to suit whatever mufflers you choose. Fast buy Ferraci were doing crossovers and there were a few Raceco systems kicking around might be worth having a search for.

Not sure who made the set up on my bike, but it seems to work well. All stainless, fits well, and sounds fine. After jetting performance is brisk.

455049319_Pcbo8-S.jpg

I am also looking at rejetting. I took a look this weekend to see what type of jet I had, and the only difference I found was that the idle jet was 55 on one and 52 on the other carb. Also found that one of the mixture adjustment screws was missing the smaller shaft at the end of the screw. What size jets did you end up going with?

I was considering using the recommendations from Ed's write up on GuzziTech."http://www.guzzitech.com/lemansjetting-ed.html"

I also believe I may be missing the pump jet on one of the carbs. I will have to post a picture so that you experts can take a look.