Introducing Kickeroo, as himself

Kickeroo

Two years later and I am now the owner of this 2001 v11 sport, with 17k, just in time for a full fluids and filter change (already ordered everything except the 27mm hex wrench)

GuzziDay002.jpg

I believe the rear wheel spindle nut is 27mm and combined with a spanner can be used to remove the filter cover :thumbsup:

But best practice is to remove the oil pan and clean the oil pickup filter when you change the oil filter,as the bike is new to you this may be best as it may never have been done !!

Also most here will say to top up the oil with the dipstick on the top thread (like a Honda) not as MG say (with it tightened) as that level seems to be too low.

Dave :thumbsup:

a few little issues; the speedo works, but the odometer doesn't. The tach doesn't work either. The battery was dead this morning, and after its chargred I'll check the fuses, although I don't think that'll be the issue. Any ideas?

a few little issues; the speedo works, but the odometer doesn't. The tach doesn't work either. The battery was dead this morning, and after its chargred I'll check the fuses, although I don't think that'll be the issue. Any ideas?

Dead battery may be as simple as leaving the parking light on as its easy to do (when turning the ign switch off you can select park not off) ?

The clocks both have "issues",I believe a gear can strip in the speedo which stops the odometer working and the fine wires to the tacho stepper motor can break.

Probably easier/cheaper to replace with a digital display if both have faults...

Welcome to Moto Guzzi ownership !! :rolleyes:

Anyone want to tell me how to take the cap off of the triple tree top without gauging the living crap out of the tree? I'm looking to undo the handlebar conversion, and I'll tell you, whoever has the solution can HAVE the LSL kit

thecap001.jpg

Anyone want to tell me how to take the cap off of the triple tree top without gauging the living crap out of the tree? I'm looking to undo the handlebar conversion, and I'll tell you, whoever has the solution can HAVE the LSL kit

thecap001.jpg

I wrapped mine with a rag and used slip joint pliers but that didn't seem like the right way to go. I later read here that you can put a long thin rod up through the steering neck and push the center button (the whitish thing in your picture) up & out of the center cap. There's a hex drive under that button that accepts an allen key/wrench.

THANK YOU!!!!!! One hateful 8mm cap later, using moment arm torque courtesy of the drag-around handle on my lift fitted over the socket wrench handle, and the "Testa Forcella" is free

THANK YOU!!!!!! One hateful 8mm cap later, using moment arm torque courtesy of the drag-around handle on my lift fitted over the socket wrench handle, and the "Testa Forcella" is free

Glad to help.