Introducing Kickeroo, as himself

Kickeroo

Hello to everyone from Richmond VA, USA

I'm cautious to announce an upcoming purchase of a 2000 V11 Nekked Sport. I will be checking it out Saturday, June 6, and first let me say that I truly appreciate all of the valuable information that is on this forum. I had some ideas of what to look for with this particular bike, and the forums adding in a lot of information I was not aware of. My main ride is a 2006 Triumph Thruxton, and the V11 would be my next step in acheiving a bike from every other country on the planet. (a BMW would be next, I guess, going from east-to-west, then Ural, Royal Enfield....you get the idea)

If everything goes to hell and a handbasket with the one I'm looking at (it does need a bt of love) I'll stay on, because I m newly infected with this Moto Guzzi thing.

once you get a Guzzi you might just decide to stop in Italy... fergit BMW and the rest.. if you need more than another Guzzi have a look at the Duc's like the HyperMotard or MultiStrada.

once you get a Guzzi you might just decide to stop in Italy... fergit BMW and the rest.. if you need more than another Guzzi have a look at the Duc's like the HyperMotard or MultiStrada.

Welcome to the forum, it's an engaging site, no doubt! And I have to say, even still lovin' my previous airheads, "These bikes are simply more moving to the owner, in terms of both body, and soul." :race: Later, and good luck in your search...S.H.

I've looked at it...and it needs some lova and attention. At this time, I am not posting any pictures, save one, if only to well, save the bike for me

Attached is a shot of what I'm calling "the plate" which has been sun-bleached to pink. Is this common?

2000v11018.jpg

I see a red frame but a black swing arm. AFAIK both should be the same color. Looks like one has been replaced for whatever reason...

stock picture I found here MGv11 shows it to be correct. I'm, more concerned about the bleaching

stock picture I found here MGv11 shows it to be correct. I'm, more concerned about the bleaching

I stand corrected!

WRT the bleaching... it's not that hard to take them off and have them repainted in the color you like. Look at it as an opportunity!

well...its gone, so no V11 for me, for now. I fully expect it to show up under someone elses' project thread. Oh well. I'm down, but not out.

here it is/was. I'm sure it'll make someone else happy

2000v11001.jpg

2000v11002.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

normal...they fade.