Petrol Tank

cash1000

What are the two nozzles on the underneath the petrol tank of my Rosso Mandello? You can blow tru them from both ends but they dont leak petrol! Should they have drain tubes attached?I started bike up ths afternoon and found petrol leaking out. The seals around these nozzles had perished. Ive replaced by cutting out some old tyre tube but not sure how long that will last.

What are the two nozzles on the underneath the petrol tank of my Rosso Mandello? You can blow tru them from both ends but they dont leak petrol! Should they have drain tubes attached?I started bike up ths afternoon and found petrol leaking out. The seals around these nozzles had perished. Ive replaced by cutting out some old tyre tube but not sure how long that will last.

I believe one is an overflow (see that little hole just inside the fuel filler cap, that's were it goes), and the other is a tank breather. On State-side models this connects into a fuel vapour purification and recirculation system. On my Aussie bike it joins the overflow in just emptying out onto the ground...

Sure, as a result I don't have a tip over valve, but I don't plan on tipping the bike over you see... :rasta:

I believe one is an overflow (see that little hole just inside the fuel filler cap, that's were it goes), and the other is a tank breather. On State-side models this connects into a fuel vapour purification and recirculation system. On my Aussie bike it joins the overflow in just emptying out onto the ground...

Sure, as a result I don't have a tip over valve, but I don't plan on tipping the bike over you see... :rasta:

Clearly a gravitational inversion design spec from the factory - just not needed when the bike's ridden in the southern hemisphere. Of course, if some intrepid fettler had added an inverting field generator to the bike, it would probably be a good idea to get that valve back on. :rolleyes:

Clearly a gravitational inversion design spec from the factory - just not needed when the bike's ridden in the southern hemisphere. Of course, if some intrepid fettler had added an inverting field generator to the bike, it would probably be a good idea to get that valve back on. :rolleyes:

37% of American's don't know where America is on a map. I'm sure a similar percentage also don't know that it's the rubber side that goes on the road. Cue tip over valve for the North American market. :lol: