Guzzirider

Tom M

Hi Guy,

I just noticed that you have a Triumph Sprint 1050 in your sig line. Maybe I haven't been paying attention but is this new? How do you like it? I'm only asking because a friend of mine might be in the market for a bike like that once he sells his current bike. I think the Sprint, an FJR, or a Concours 1400 will be on his shopping list.

Do you have any comments for a possible future owner?

I'll share my full thoughts when I have finished running her in- going camping in mid Wales tomorrow, then off to the Dales.

Initial impressions- excellent bike, well built, rorty motor, great handling and comfortable too.

Looks wicked in black.

Guy :)

Hi Guy,

I just noticed that you have a Triumph Sprint 1050 in your sig line. Maybe I haven't been paying attention but is this new? How do you like it? I'm only asking because a friend of mine might be in the market for a bike like that once he sells his current bike. I think the Sprint, an FJR, or a Concours 1400 will be on his shopping list.

Do you have any comments for a possible future owner?

My bud has a 1050 Sprint. Quite a capable bike. Wonderful motor. The riding position and wind protection is a bit more sport bike like than an FJ or Concours though. I'd think the Yamaha or the Kawasaki would be a better mount for long distance work.

I picked up my lovely new black Sprint ST from Cobb and Jagger on Wednesday, and because I have an upcoming tour of Scotland, wanted to run her in quickly and get the first service done next week. On Thursday I decided to take a trip down from Huddersfield to my see my brother and family in Hereford, and had arranged to meet Malcolm at a campsite in Dinas Mawddy in Mid Wales that night. Initial impressions of the new bike were mainly good- gearbox was a bit tight and the panniers were stiff, but that was to be expected. I decided I was not going to go anywhere near a motorway so had a superb ride through the Peak District, travelling via Glossop, Buxton to Congelton before heading down through Newcastle Under Lyme to Shrewsbury arriving at my bothers two hours late because I was enjoying the twisty roads so much. Even at running in speeds, the Sprint was swift enough to dispatch any other traffic that halted my progress.

After a swift cuppa in Hereford, I got straight back on the road and headed into deepest mid Wales and enjoyed one of my best evening rides ever, sunshine, great dry road surfaces on a bike I was really beginning to bond with. By the time I reached Dinas Mawddy, I had been riding seven and a half hours on nothing but hilly twsisty roads and although I was a little tired, I was much fresher than expected and really impressed with the comfort of the Sprint. Mal on his V11 had arrived 45 mins earlier and we enjoyed a pleasant evening in the local boozer.

We had already planned to spend the weekend in the Dales at a Guzzi rally in Settle where I had arranged to meet Helen on her V11, but Mal had caught the Triumph bug too, so we headed up through North Wales towards Woods of Abergele where he had booked a test ride on a Speed Triple. We avoided the main roads, and had an epic ride on very twisty well surfaced back roads and by this time I was really bonding with the Sprint, enjoying the superb handling and the torquey motor which was beginning to loosen up nicely.

After Mal had taken his test ride, we headed up to the Dales, and enjoyed a cracking little rally in Settle, including a nice tour around the Trough Of Bowland in the sunshine. By the time I got home today, the Sprint had covered 595 miles and I loved every one of them.

Superb motor- torquey smooth and powerful with loads of character- sounds great with the TOR end can.

Handling- bike feels much lighter than it looks and steers sweetly. Had to dial in a little extra rear preload to cope with me and the camping gear.

Comfort- amazing how a sporty bike can be so comfortable- the gel seat works well and bars are just right for me.

Economy- I was getting 11 miles to a litre which means 200 miles plus tank range at running in speeds.

Dislikes:

Paint finish- the paint on the tank is very thin and has already started wearing where my knees grip the tank.

Gearbox- got half a dozen false neutrals- maybe this will improve as the miles roll on.

4657_113267699815_635879815_2777482_5758994_n.jpg

4657_113267704815_635879815_2777483_3923549_n.jpg

4657_113267709815_635879815_2777484_194026_n.jpg

4657_113267714815_635879815_2777485_1786961_n.jpg

4657_113267724815_635879815_2777487_5124084_n.jpg

4657_113267739815_635879815_2777489_1577224_n.jpg

4657_113267749815_635879815_2777491_890932_n.jpg

Wotcha from Suffolk

the sprint has a noice engine, triples are great :D as well as v twins (better say that before i get shot)

Off to derby in 2 weeks with the Breva - yippee. SOMCC rally.

Glad you like the trumpet and goes well with the guzzi too :-D

Cheers

Steve

Breva V11