V11 Suspension.......

raceboy

On Daytona frames, the shock is mounted on the frame with alu plates. So with different (home made) alu plates you can change height very easy. On V11 frames, as on the 1100Sport frame, the shock mount is welded to the frame. So without a larger shock it's much more difficult to create a higher rearend.

I have my shock personally made by Ohlins, 288mm eye to eye.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Daytona frames, the shock is mounted on the frame with alu plates. So with different (home made) alu plates you can change height very easy. On V11 frames, as on the 1100Sport frame, the shock mount is welded to the frame. So without a larger shock it's much more difficult to create a higher rearend.

I have my shock personally made by Ohlins, 288mm eye to eye.

Cool, you scientists are correct, you can do all kinds of things to make your guzzi faster (all more expensive than an old cbr600 that would smoke you) but if you want to go around a corner faster, have better feedback, setup your suspension better and enjoy your riding experience more, take some track days, they are the best bang for the buck..... You can trash me now, but only if you've had some track days....... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Cool, you scientists are correct, you can do all kinds of things to make your guzzi faster (all more expensive than an old cbr600 that would smoke you) but if you want to go around a corner faster, have better feedback, setup your suspension better and enjoy your riding experience more, take some track days, they are the best bang for the buck..... You can trash me now, but only if you've had some track days....... :D

Hey, I've been waiting to get trashed, WTF, insult me, I contribute to this site, I deserve to be insulted damnit!

Hey, I've been waiting to get trashed, WTF, insult me, I contribute to this site, I deserve to be insulted damnit!

I have only done a few track days, but that's because I was too busy racing to do them.

You are right that you can learn more about how to ride on a race track then you could on the street. But even setting up a course in a parking lot can teach you alot. Anywhere where you are in a controlled enviroment.

If you want me to take issue with what you said, okay. A Honda CBR 600 is a boring bike to ride and should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Guzzi. Faster, maybe on the track but not on the street with me riding it. It is easier to go faster on a big twin then a modern 600 for an old fart like myself. Those 600's are for kids.

And while track days are great (or actually racing), I have much respect for people who make their bikes go faster then they did stock. And Guzzi's are perfect for this kind of thing. There is more room for improvement in a Guzzi then in something that has been engineered to be as fast as it can be already.

Your riding gear smells like an old stinky dog that been rolling in his own, and you oughta go back to riding Honda Rebels!!!!

Feel better now?

Try making some crazy indefensible statements, or talking politics, and then see what happens!!! :grin:

BTW, I really wish I had the time and money for track days. The one I attended at Streets of Willow made me a better rider.

Finding a safe parking lot away from over zealous law enforcement officers is a good alternative.

Another idea that I think would help me, and other riders who ride far from the bike's limitations, is to find a safe turn with open visibility and run it a few times, reducing the chicken strips a little bit each time.