No more Mandello

macguzzi

Ed McMahon goes to heaven, where St. Johnny Carson aka God, grants him one wish.

Ed says, "Please kill Farrah Fawcett so I can finally get in her pants"

God sends the Jordache Jeans to be hot pressed in hell, Ed is sent there too.

Farrah Fawcett goes to the gates of heaven. Before entering, God grants her one wish.

Farrah says, "God, life can be so cruel, please save the children, let them be safe from harm."

God kills Michael Jackson, and lets Farrah into heaven.

Michael Jackson goes to heaven's gates. God grants him one wish.

Michael says, "I want to live for eternity like an Italian diva in a castle overlooking the most beautiful lake in all of Europe"

:wacko:

Michael didn't die. He's in Children's hospital having a stroke!

Long Live Guzzi!!!

Ed McMahon goes to heaven, where St. Johnny Carson aka God, grants him one wish.

Ed says, "Please kill Farrah Fawcett so I can finally get in her pants"

God sends the Jordache Jeans to be hot pressed in hell, Ed is sent there too.

Farrah Fawcett goes to the gates of heaven. Before entering, God grants her one wish.

Farrah says, "God, life can be so cruel, please save the children, let them be safe from harm."

God kills Michael Jackson, and lets Farrah into heaven.

Michael Jackson goes to heaven's gates. God grants him one wish.

Michael says, "I want to live for eternity like an Italian diva in a castle overlooking the most beautiful lake in all of Europe"

:wacko:

Michael didn't die. He's in Children's hospital having a stroke!

Long Live Guzzi!!!

That's even worse than my weakly modified joke! and funnier, but a lie, because when Michael went to confession, Michael told the priest his confession and the priest relayed to God, saying Michael said he wanted to live a long life and have at least fifty nine years old. God thought for a second, and figured out for himself and confirmed in the book of Truth what Michael really said and meant, so God told the Angel of Justice to make sure Michael did not even have fifty one year olds, and the Angel old and hard of hearing, made sure Michael did not even see 51 years old.

:lol:

Sorry, that may have been even lousier. :P

Back to the topic, Long Live Guzzi!!!

Anybody got any facts?

How about speculation disguised as facts?

Man I wish I could win a super lotto jackpot and buy the Guzzi name, patents, and factory.

Any Benevolent Billionaires on the forum???

How about Malevolent Ponsi scheme experts???

• 2 weeks later...

News Flash!

Michael Jackson is still dead.

BTW, apologies to him for being the butt of jokes.

The man may have crossed the lines of normalcy, but was never convicted of rape or abuse, and besides, child abuse is not a laughing matter.

More importantly, he was a phenomenal artist that touched many.

RIP Michael!

As for Guzzi???

Providing the marque contiunes to survive does it really matter where they are made? Would of been nice to stay but if its between moving the factory so it can contiune to be profitable and confined to the history books! I'll take the move anyday.

Providing the marque contiunes to survive does it really matter where they are made? Would of been nice to stay but if its between moving the factory so it can contiune to be profitable and confined to the history books! I'll take the move anyday.

Disagree, that would be the start of the decline doing away with the heritage etc. What about the families who have supported Guzzi in Mandello for years (and of course who have been supported) I feel Guzzi are starting to break out of the niche market they've been in for years and this would be a backward step. If they can survive at all by staying in Mandello then they should try.

But thats only my opinion, I've got 5 Mandello Guzzi's and would possibly not be inclined to buy one that didn't come out of those famous gates

If they want to become a maker of disposable bikes like the big four, or worse yet like Hyosung, then it doesn't matter where they're made. But I will not buy one. To be successful as a premium manufacturer you have to offer more then just a bike. It has to connect with the buyers in a way that makes them willing to pay more for your product then what they would pay for an ordinary one from a mass producer. I could have bought two bikes for what I paid for my Griso. I bought a Griso because I wanted a premium, hand built motorcycle that I connected with.

I would hate to see them leave Mandello. It would not be a step forward. I don't think it would be the end of Guzzi, but it would be a step in that direction. But recently they have made a few steps in that direction, like the decision to no longer warranty certain things like broken body panels. If you pay a premium price for a bike, you expect to be treated like a premium customer. That is where the accountants don't get it a can kill and company buy cutting corners and saving costs in the short term but losing business in the long run. Ducati learned that lesson. Will Guzzi?

Fords in the USA aren't made on the orginal model T line (although looking at some of the f250s we get here you have to wonder). HD's aren't made in the place they started and if you want to see a manufacturer milking the heritage line beyond what's it worth look no further. Piaggio have said for Guzzi to remain profitable then need to make 20 000 bikes a year. Its been a very long time since that was a reality out of Mandello, would I have liked them to stay yes but when I come to buying another Guzzi i won't look at it any differently providing its rolled out of Italy somewhere. People are happy to piont out Guzzi's inovation and marching to thier own beat with wind tunnels rear suspension and v8 race bikes, this was because the orginal owners were prepared to move with the time and not afraid of change come to think of it if the orginal owners were still running the show the factory would of probally moved 20-30 years ago. I dunno to me its not the end of the world if Piaggio really wanted to it could simply not bother close the doors at mandello and consign the name plate to history, that would be a big deal.