Guzzi wanabe's

dangerous

Hey now you yanks should know what this is, never knew xxxxxx built such a thing and before Guzzi did it

There is a local collector who has one of the shaft drive Indians, he also has one of the flat twin Hds

xa.jpg

just found this on our local ebay thing http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=233283378 "Moto guzzi copy by a Japanese company" they say... now I know of Honda's A23 in the 70's and of course we all know of the CX500/650's in the 80's... who else did a transverse V2 and or without drive shafts?

The Japanese company Lilac predated Guzzi's current engine layout/shaft drive setup.

Steve

The Japanese company Lilac predated Guzzi's current engine layout/shaft drive setup.
ahhh yeah... interesting aye what else is out there we dont know about or have forgoten?

There is a local collector who has one of the shaft drive Indians, he also has one of the flat twin Hds
Kinda cool aye, never knew Indian built such engines just like Harleys transvrse flat twin

I've been told this model was built to clone the BMWs of WW11 to confuse the German troops.

I've been told this model was built to clone the BMWs of WW11 to confuse the German troops.

It was built with to overcome the heat issues of the 45 in North Africa. What is the old beast with the 90 degree V-Twin in dangerous's photos?Did Indian build it?

It's an Indian 841. The army put out a spec to build a shaft drive 500cc motorcycle. Indian built the 500cc side valve machine. HD's BMW clone was 750cc and won out. Not very many were made before the Jeep came along and the army closed out the contract for the HD.

Dangerous - interesting bikes.

Don't forget the French Dollar prototype v4. Unfortunately, I don't think this beauty ever made it to production. In my view, this bike gives the Brough Superior a run as far as aesthetics go.

In regards to the very cool Indian....

From the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum website:

"E. Paul duPont, who controlled Indian, had so much faith in the 841 design that he got one for his own use. He rode it around the country, stopping to show dealers and friends, and had grand plans for turning the military 841 into a civilian tourer."

Just another of many examples that Indian was the true innovator of the American companies and another missed opportunity.

I ran a similar blog topic here that includes the French Dollar:

http://ridethetorquecurve.blogspot.com/200...nk-v-twins.html