No more Metzeler Sportec

belfastguzzi

I just wore out a set of Conti Road Attacks. I liked them better than the Z6's I had on there before, but I only got barely 5000 miles out of the Conti's while the Metz's were good for 8k. Next up: Roadsmarts.

Let us know how the Pirellis work out for you BFG. The quest for the perfect tire continues..

PS Is that an ABS sensor on your carc?

The Conti Sports are supposed to be higher mileage then the Attacks. Mine appear to be lasting pretty well so far, but time will tell.

I paid £200 for a front and rear roadsmart fitted. Dont know if thats a good price, but its a good tyre.

That would have been before the price increase.

I just got the rear but for a pair, the new Pirelli Angel would be just under £190 (fitted and disposal charge) at the moment.

The Conti Sports are supposed to be higher mileage then the Attacks. Mine appear to be lasting pretty well so far, but time will tell.

It is the other way around. The Road Attack are supposed to be longer wearing than the Sport Attack.

I'm running Road Attacks on my RT. The performance is good but they are showing wear earlier than expected. The rear is starting to flatten in the center after about 3000 miles.

The Diablo Stradas were terrific on the V11, absolutely no regrets. When I changed wheels I went to the sportier Diablos. Adhesion is great but I have not put enough miles on them to gauge wear.

It is the other way around. The Road Attack are supposed to be longer wearing than the Sport Attack.

I'm running Road Attacks on my RT. The performance is good but they are showing wear earlier than expected. The rear is starting to flatten in the center after about 3000 miles.

The Diablo Stradas were terrific on the V11, absolutely no regrets. When I changed wheels I went to the sportier Diablos. Adhesion is great but I have not put enough miles on them to gauge wear.

You're right, I am using the wrong name. I meant to say I have the ContiForce tires. I don't know why I can't keep their names straight, but I can't seem to keep Continentals tire names straight. Sorry for the confusion.

I found Metzeler Roadtec great on a bike 100 lbs lighter than the V11, but shite on this bike, too vague. Good info on the Pirellis folks thanks. I am currently running Pilot Road 2's and like the performance. I expect minimum 10000km from a rear tyre and dont like betrayal of confidence on a corner, price be damned I only have two tiny patches keeping me rolling, they have to work!