Alarms

Turn11

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased my second Goose (First was a '74 850T)

I bought a 2002 V11 LeMans and I do like it. It has a lot of mods but more later.

I was looking for an alarm with a remote receiver to monitor any activity. I was looking at the Scorpio SR-i600 with Battery Back-Up and possibly the Anti-Hijack option. Any thoughts or experience anyone has would be appreciated.

For reference here is a link to the Scorpio website.

Thanks for any feedback

Larry

Don't waste the money. No one is going to steal it because they can't sell any parts because it doesn't break! It is too exotic to ride around on because it is too noticeable.

just remove the keys when you get off. Or you could get cheap and make a decal with some BadA** GPS alarm/theft deterrent system and apply it to the fuel tank!

BREAK not brake!

a decal with some BadA** GPS alarm/theft deterrent system and apply it to the fuel tank!

The best theft deterrent decal is already on the tank just below the eagle.

30 years ago my 72 Honda 350 got stolen from my sidewalk parking place for the second time. Bought a Yamaha 650 and it lasted a year before it too got stolen from the same sidewalk. I bought an Ambassador which parked there for 2 years and it never got stolen.

Don't waste the money. No one is going to steal it because they can't sell any parts because it doesn't brake.

I thought w/ Brembos the Guzzis braked really well?

But no, they don't break much, leading do their reputation for reliability. Between this and their general rarity, it makes for a rather flat market for stolen parts. Plus w/ a community like ours, anyone who suddenly pops up trying to move parts from a bike they're breaking that looks very similar to the one a guzzista reported stolen just last week is going to draw a lot of scrutiny! ;)