Did bar conversion, my thottle cable is not smooth...

df2

Hi all, well I did it. And what a bear when it came to taking the magni fairing apart. Had to take everything off the bike. I'm at work but I'll post a pic later tonight.

Anyway, I have it all put together (by 1:00am last night). I ended up putting new Rizoma grips on the bike which required I change out the throttle control.

The throttle cable does not at all move smoothly back into position after twisting and backing off, it needs me to help it along to the off position and is kind of herky jerky. I've adjusted it using the slotted screw thing under the cable cover but I really don't have much to play with. I only had two routing options and it was either tight or way too lose.

I've gone with the tight which left me with having that adjuster unscrewed quite a bit.

Any help in fixing this much appreciated, and I may need help in helping to explain what's happening so please bare with me.

David

PS. Went to bed and went to work, so I'm not even sure right now everything works.... :doh: but I do know the throttle cable does not move smoothly or return without some help.

PPS. the Magni is for sale....

most important is the routing , so that there are no tight bends, including lining up the cables coming out of the throttle (grip).make sure the cable doesn't get tight when turning steering head lock to lock also. You did route it under the tank?? Also check that the throttle body rod, running between the two throttle bodies, returns all the way to its stopper screw when the throttle is released(grip). sometimes the speedo cable can interfere with the throttle return stopper. Try to get the cable so there is a little free play at the grip, and also at the other end of the cable. Hope this is of some help, cheers, doug.