Transmission Fluid Change

jsciullo

I may have posted this previously in the wrong section. Im getting ready to do a change and notice that the book tells me that I need .850L of fluid but others in the "How To" section reference 850cc's. Im going to assume that numbers are the same but are they? I dont want to overfill.

Thanks,

Jim

Guest ratchethack
I dont want to overfill.

Jim, FYI - Per many posts on this over the years, the common complaint here seems to be measuring to exact spec'd. factory capacity (as used in a "dry" gearbox on the assembly floor in Mandello), pouring it all in, and thereby OVER-FILLING by exactly the amount of old lube trapped in the gearbox that's impossible to remove by draining. Bevel box too. The result is that the excess will be thrown out of the breather, making a big mess, and potentially lubing up the contact patch on your rear tire whilst out on the road, at a time and place not likely of your own choosing. :o Best use a lift or stand to get the bike level, or lacking a stand, have a helper straddle the bike and hold it level, and use the sight glass as your indicator of how much new lube to put in. :thumbsup:

EDIT: EGADS, are there 3 versions of this thread in process now?! :huh: