More on TPS

andy york

To all that need to know..... The TPS is a sealed unit. It has two o-rings to make it water tight. Inside is a

flexible circuit board thing. No metal to metal contact like a good old fashioned rheostat.

My LeMans has also been popping through the right cylinder for a long time.

I have set it according to the instructions found on this forum and have never found success. :(

Docc was trying to figure his out about a year ago when we changed the CO.. do you remember where

we set it Docc? + 20 or +40???

Anyway.....setting up per instructions here, the idle was always to high and with the bypass screws closed

I had no option to lower the idle other than the idle screw which then changed the TPS reading.

Today I took the VDST and started fooling around again.150 mv ...balanced...525mv...to high idle ...

you get the picture.

*#%^*#% screw it ...bike running ...loosened TPS and set it to 3.6 degrees.... idling at 1000..

Runs GREAT !!!!!!. No more popping !!! I'm sure I will need to fine tune this a bit and see what the mpg

does but all in all I feel good about this.

So I am just before posting this ..........ahhh thats better Fire suit on and ready :sun:

andy 70,000 mile V11 LeMans

My CO was -27 and we moved it to 0 (zero), which settled the idle and helped the running immensely.

Does the VDSTS read degrees opening? Where is your millivoltage now that the TPS is set at 3.6 degrees?

ridetobarbersridetobarbesridetobarbers B)

docc 68,338 mile Sport

Andy, I'm really not sure what a VDST is? And is there a CO sniffer involved in this? Will any CO sniffer do and if so, which pipe...my right cylinder has gotten so bad I can't ride it. k

Hey Docc,

Yes, the VDST reads in degrees....

I think I saw 557mV at idle..motor running....

If I get to Barbers it will be am on Sunday.

leaving this Sunday for Wild Bill H's neck of the woods

Andy

I'll bet my mV at idle is on the high side also. Last time, I set the idle "by ear."

Seems like last year I passed you on the way out of Barber's on Sunday. It's always fun to see you burning up the roads on that LeMans! Better fun , yet, to sit and chat and bend the elbow. Hope to see you again, soon!

Ride well, Perfesser! docc

That would be VDST software Tom.

With the WM15M ecu thats about all you can do.

You can check various sensors and fire the injectors,coils....

But you can not change the TPS,idle and a few other things

like you can on later model Ducatis..which have a newer ECU.

Andy 70000 m 02 LeMans

Thanks Andy. I know there's more than one version of VDST and someone else said they couldn't adjust idle trim with theirs. Are you using the "standard" version that's good for one model only and sells for around $200?

I've set my idle and balanced the TBs a few times, but never reset the TPS nor have I set the idle trim to 0. (don't have any software or a dealer around here).

However, the bike has been running fine, absolutely no problems. Anything to worry about, or ain't broken don't fixit?

Oooh! It makes me want to fiddle with it, tune it , fettle, make it "better', cause a leak, short it out. Order parts. Drink.

:nerd: + :luigi: = :drink: