Supertrapp mufflers

chris351

Guest ratchethack
. . . a replacment [crossover] like you say does it have a sencer in it? would I notice a differance with my bike?

The Stucchi is a "saimesed pipe" crossover similar but not identical to several others available, with no "expansion chamber" or perf. baffle plate in it like in the OE V11 crossover. Each aftermarket crossover seems to map out differently on torque and power curves than the next, even with equivalent intake, engine, and exhaust config's. I chose the Stucchi for what I considered to be a superior midrange torque to top end power tradeoff relative to the others, based on what I considered highly credible dyno pull comparo's done by Doug Lofgren nearly 10 years ago.

But then, being neither a Boy Racer, nor BR Wannabe, I couldn't care less about chasing peaks on dyno charts. In a complete reversal of garden variety Boy Racer/BR Wannabee behavior, I found filling in the significant OE dip on the torque curve much more important to enjoyment of every day riding on the road. ;)

As far as whether you would notice a difference with your bike, regardless of knowing your config or not, I wouldn't venture a guess. Sorry, YMMV. :huh2:

Oh, and to add comment about the supertrapp mufflers, I have no experience with those specific ones but I did use a supertrapp internal disc slip-on on a Buell Lightning and it worked great. One of the few mufflers that made more power then the stock muffler and it sounded great. I don't know how relevant that is as it was a Buell with a proper two into one pipe. But it did work great. I had to add some discs to it for those results and it was a little loud (but not too loud).