Verlicchi Fitment

Scott03

My '02 LeMans has 40mm Marzocchi forks (lower fork tube dia) but Guzzi switched larger forks in '03. That said, the diameter of the upper leg may be the same between both fork models so maybe they can use the same clipon. I can check my upper fork ID when I get home tonight if nobody else posts more definitive info, as in did the triple clamp or clipon part numbers change between 02 and 03/4?

My '02 LeMans has 40mm Marzocchi forks (lower fork tube dia) but Guzzi switched larger forks in '03. That said, the diameter of the upper leg may be the same between both fork models so maybe they can use the same clipon. I can check my upper fork ID when I get home tonight if nobody else posts more definitive info, as in did the triple clamp or clipon part numbers change between 02 and 03/4?

Checking for a change in triple tree or clip on part numbers between 02 and 03 would seem to answer the question. Any suggestions for web based parts manuals? I can also measure my '02 upper fork diameter - can anyone give me the '03 upper fork diameter for comparison? I think both '02 and '03 had stock clipons that mounted above the triple tree...is that correct? Thanks a bunch.

Scott

I recall there being talk of many 03 bikes actually being left over 02 spec bikes. What is the production date?

A MG parts guy like Greg could catalog the upper clamps and see if there was a change.

• 4 weeks later...