Simmer Dim wild bikers

I watched a tv motoring programme, a Scottish language, made in Scotland, thing.

As a programme, it was as inane as such low budget special interest motor car programmes often are.

However this episode promised exciting two-wheel action with a feature where they visited the Simmer Dim bike rally up in Shetland.

The programme led off with the description that they would be spending the weekend riding with the Hells Angels !

It then showed a load of parked bikes: Susuki, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki... my,my, the Angels must have changed their tastes...

All the descriptions of bikers were as 'wild bikers' and similar.

Then the bikes that they featured and rode on were all..... sidecars, particularly a Goldwing combination (and there was a trike). Wild, man.

What is it, that such tv/media presentations are always from the narrow, blinkered angle that any two-wheel feature means: 'wild bikers', 'marauding bikers' 'Hells Angels' – and then all they show are actually THREE wheels and doddering, inoffensive old gents!? Is television produced by idiots?

yes and they are children these days! ....

Of course. They all engaged themselfes, and they're producing all this nonsense only for the archives. Funny thing.

Back to this Simmer Dim Rally: what language do people talk there?

simmer_dim002.jpg

Of course. They all engaged themselfes, and they're producing all this nonsense only for the archives. Funny thing.

Back to this Simmer Dim Rally: what language do people talk there?

simmer_dim002.jpg

As they are motorcyclists, i.e. wild marauding viking hell's angel two-wheeled tricycle sidecar riding outcasts: I suppose that they communicate only in grunts and by prodding with sticks.

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

I enjoy those "Edge-of-the-known-world" type trip reports ^_^

Well, seeing it's you Orson, I'll post this link here.

I got it from another site and your comment prompts me to pass it on.

I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Edge of the world adventure ride

zz2.jpg

(thanks to Fish for the inspired link)

I used to work with a shetlander who helped organise it many years ago, maybe still does. He invited me up to the rally once but i didnt go. I lived about 1 mile from the ferry in aberdeen and the campsite was about 2 miles from the ferry at the other end, i mean my bikes engine wouldnt have even been warm and i would have arrived. Should have went, the roads up in shetland are made for bikes and are empty.