What's your "to do list" ?

mznyc

One more quick 'n easy thing to do is clean and lube your clutch and front brake lever pivots (especially the clutch side). I didn't do this on my first V11 and the dirt/wear wore down the pivots and pivot holes to the point where there was almost 2" of up/down play on the clutch lever. I was able to tighten them up a bit with some brass shim stock, but it was a total pain in the ass.

Also, when removing the levers, put a bucket below to catch the little plug and ball bearing used for the clutch and brake light switches should they fall out.

That reminds me I've been toying with the idea to mount a grease nipple on my gearlever pivot. Grease nipples is the shit. Not my idea, someone here mentioned it long ago. It may have been a joke but I love it :P

My list is to long as usual but some things are must do's.

Rosso Corsa

seals and oil change in the ohlins

new crossover

tidy tail to clean up the rear

find a way to still use my tekno bgs with the tidy tail

paint the alt cover on the front

adjust valves and tps as I am closing in on 20k

T3 cafe

New speedo set up (electronic unit)

Paris Dakar

Transmission rebuild (just completed)

replace the paralever roller bearings with bushings

send drive shft out for new cross kits

repanit and replace fron fairing section

valve adjust

That reminds me I've been toying with the idea to mount a grease nipple on my gearlever pivot. Grease nipples is the shit. Not my idea, someone here mentioned it long ago. It may have been a joke but I love it :P

Did a nipple on my shifter and the sidestand pivot too. Faster maintenence= More ridin' :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Things to do, lets see.

I finally washed the poor beast yesterday, no bath in about 5000km

I do this to machinery when Ive felt cheated regards the ratio of effort in/pleasure out.

That may make me a small man, but I do like em dirty!

Twas a mechanically interupted year,

Fork oil, Cush drive maintenance

Wheel Bearings fore and aft. Issues resolved, port side forward spacer/insert had to be built up, remachined thus harder and more durable

Rear spacer stock! .049 too short, some wag had even put a .025 shim in the hub as well!

Replaced with steel, thick wall, heavy, matched to measurement register to register. I know about compression but personally I would never tighten a spindle nut to 80 Ft/lbs and after the years on a hardtail and the design of this bikes stern, dont lose sleep over unsprung weight

Then clutch, then oil seep and back into clutch again. Sorted thanks to Valley Y. I dont have a shop at this time so cant hang it up like a dressed elk

Needle Bearing and race outboard end Bevel Box loads of extra grease there, think Massey Harris nice hanging bools of grease, went very well with dust and bug patina

Charging issue, pooped stator, over heated regulator.

Avoided horrific price combo from Guzzi thanks to Moto Int. That and regulator, coupla funky wires handed over to British Italian sorted.

The engine room at work and lack of shop at home meant I could only do the chassis maintenance, clutch and electric were sent out.

Raisin pie to all 3 shops here on the wet coast. Damn good crew!

Still managed a season though, 10000km on the one set of rubber. Road 2's good for another couple k, then back to 021's, Michelins are an excellent tyre but so are the Bridgstones for much less coin. Stock set up 180 and 120. Rode in conditions ranging from slush (Montana in May) to 4x4 track for 50 km over the Devils spine (Entiat River to Lake Chelan, Chelan mountains Washington). Rock and dust in one fire burn was deeper than the rubber on the wheels.

Cant complain, that aint bad considering I flogged this scooter 24000km last season with just rubber, oil and valve adjustments.

Clear coat is peeling off starboard side fairing with rock chips overall and tent has worn through paint on rear cowl thanks to that blasted goat track

Won 2 trophies at the Dragon Slayers Ball this year, gave them to a couple friends though as they hashed their bikes riding with me this year. We had to buy a spare parts bike for one of them, that much was ruined.

Things to do;

Going to avoid buying those awesome sounding pipes and keep the stockers on! (I am a complete horror on a loud machine)

Shitcan this 6 figure a year job and find something that pays less with more time off so I can do what I like best

Move out of the urban environment, back to where I can afford to have a shop

Ignore the absolute stupidity portrayed by the leader of my country in Denmark during the recent climate summit

Wonder at the fact that there isnt a viable alternative to having that hopeless twat as leader

oh yes

I have to see if I can make my license plate light work

I love my Guzzi, most of the time it is the only thing that makes any sense

Happy Holidays all :bier: