MY $100 Ducati Exhaust.

Richard Z

Sorry NO Guzzi Content... But I thought I would share.

After almost 2 years of ownership and only 1000 miles of riding my PS1000, (My daily commuter is my V11 Sport) I decided to modify the stock exhaust. I'm still in the process of finishing, but you'll get the idea. Once it's mocked up I will Hot Coat the exhaust tubing.

I started with a pair of Emgo Roadhawks. 17" reverse cone mufflers. Retail about $50. However, I traded some powdercoating and got them for $25 each. I utilized the stock hanger from the PS and used the Hardware that came with the 2 mufflers. When this is done, I will be able to bolt the stock exhaust back if needed. No factory hardware or parts are being damaged or modified.

Just an alternative to the high end systems that I can no longer afford. just ask the EX wife's attorney and the district court judge.

ef47a7bb2e7f.jpg

a53610fac776.jpg

8c047907bac4.jpg

8d424ce1ec26.jpg

I'm still in the process of finishing, but you'll get the idea. Once it's mocked up I will Hot Coat the exhaust tubing.

Hot Coat'em black to display the bike's nice silver bodywork & engine better. They'll look more "period" in black anyway; no racer back then wasted money on chroming pipes that were only going to get binned in a crash anyway... ;)

Hot Coat'em black to display the bike's nice silver bodywork & engine better. They'll look more "period" in black anyway; no racer back then wasted money on chroming pipes that were only going to get binned in a crash anyway... ;)

Good Point. I will probably do just that. Except, I'm going to leave the very tips chrome.

I like it. I've been struggling with the exhaust for my '81 Tonti cafe project, and keep coming back to reverse cone megaphone. I'm willing to step up in price (since the entire project has become for me an exercise in tossing money down a very large hole) - however, I haven't found anything that is much better than the Roadhawk or near-equivalent. Higher end options (MIVV xcone for example) are lighter and maybe quieter, but very costly and still have a bit too contemporary look. You chose a great length for your Paul Smart, they look great and seem a bargain.

Questions:

Are these stainless under the chrome (I presume so), and have you given thought to removing the chrome and giving them a brushed look (something short of polished).

Did you (or anyone) have a quieter and not chrome megaphone option? (Supertrapp with reverse cone ends and MIVV are close but not quite what I'm after). By the time you add two good quality slip on mufflers, its cost effective to have Price Sloan fab the thing as near as I can tell.

I like it. I've been struggling with the exhaust for my '81 Tonti cafe project, and keep coming back to reverse cone megaphone. I'm willing to step up in price (since the entire project has become for me an exercise in tossing money down a very large hole) - however, I haven't found anything that is much better than the Roadhawk or near-equivalent. Higher end options (MIVV xcone for example) are lighter and maybe quieter, but very costly and still have a bit too contemporary look. You chose a great length for your Paul Smart, they look great and seem a bargain.

Questions:

Are these stainless under the chrome (I presume so), and have you given thought to removing the chrome and giving them a brushed look (something short of polished).

Did you (or anyone) have a quieter and not chrome megaphone option? (Supertrapp with reverse cone ends and MIVV are close but not quite what I'm after). By the time you add two good quality slip on mufflers, its cost effective to have Price Sloan fab the thing as near as I can tell.

I don't know if these are stainless. For that retail price, I wouldn't think so. I'm still going the Hot Coat Black since the rest of the system is black. Almost a "Termi" look to them.

Several Sport Classic Riders have used them and disassembled them to put more fiberglass. There is a short sound bite on ducati.ms and they sound aggressive but not loud. However, the speakers on my computer are worthless.

my stock mufflers are hacked by the PO..would those work on a V11 Lemans? I doubt it.. any other cheap alternative ideas? I've seen some bad ass ATV pipes but don't know where to get them cheap either.

my stock mufflers are hacked by the PO..would those work on a V11 Lemans? I doubt it.. any other cheap alternative ideas? I've seen some bad ass ATV pipes but don't know where to get them cheap either.

I have M4's on my V11 and didn't think about if they'd fit on it. Now you've done it. I'll hold them up to the Guzzi tomorrow and see if there is a chance that these would be a good alternative.

BTW, I took the Emgo's apart. They definately need more Glass. Only a thin amount is used and it doesn't even cover all the baffle area.

Questions:

MG cycle now has Mistral reverse cone meg's for the V11. You can add the supplied "db killers" if they're too loud. Maybe they could source a set for your Tonti?

mg10021a.jpg

Here's another source for cheap reverse cones: http://www.mikesxs.net/products-44.html

MG cycle now has Mistral reverse cone meg's for the V11. You can add the supplied "db killers" if they're too loud. Maybe they could source a set for your Tonti?

mg10021a.jpg

Here's another source for cheap reverse cones: http://www.mikesxs.net/products-44.html

yikes! over 600.00/ I'll be sticking with stock or some cheapies.. plus they look too high for my HB bag mounts.

Tom: Thanks for the link to Mike's - These help. The Mistral's are a bit long for what I'm after but they are pretty things.