Valeo Starter for V11

Dimitris

I think I'm gonna need a new valeo starter for my V11, since I heart it functioning "like it is tired".

I am thinking of doing a search in ebay. What are the correct keywords to use so as to find the correct starter (and not buy finally a wrong one)?

Thank you!

Hi Dimitris

Maybe worth trying Pete at Reboot spares- he sometimes has cheap new or secondhand starters:

Reboot

Have you tried swapping your V11 motor with that on your 1100 Sport just to make sure it is the starter at fault?

Regards

Guy

Just read on the MGCGB site that one of the guys there bought a new Valeo from these guys:

Electro-Mechanical Services

Great Cheetham Street West

Salford M7 2DN

0161 792 2824

Ask for Daniel.

Valeo mod no D6RA21

Was about £144 which is cheap I think for a new one.

Cheers

Guy

I dont know if this idea is practical where you live or not, but you can have your starter rebuilt. There are starter/alternator shops in most cities in the u.s., but I have no idea about Greece. A good shop can probably make your starter better than new.

I guess this also is an option I have Richard.

I think I will experiment by mounting the 1100 sport starter to make sure that this is the "problem". Then I will focus on finding a good shop for the job (making the starter like new).

:nerd:

I guess this also is an option I have Richard.

I think I will experiment by mounting the 1100 sport starter to make sure that this is the "problem". Then I will focus on finding a good shop for the job (making the starter like new).

:nerd:

Have you tried cleaning the starter? It worked well for mine. Take the starter out (better disconnect the battery first), take it apart, in some (most?) cases it's enough to clean the plunger. http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...15235&st=0)