Gas Tank

Ducman62

Guest ratchethack

I bet if you show enough sources and use mostly opinions and add big enough fonts for flair, you can get ratchet to believe the world is indeed still flat and the sun revolves around the earth, those ideas once had credible sources too.

Say DeBen

Do you have anything a-tall to contribute to this discussion, or are you just demonstrating that moderators (or is it ex-moderator?) can deliberately break Forum rules of conduct at will, and with impunity? :unsure:

If you can't find anything interesting to play with this evening, why don't you go outside and play in the snow. :rolleyes:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, how selfish can a self-infatuated Greenie be?! I mean, I thought the whole idea was to save the planet?? :huh2:

If this wunderkind locksmith is so shy and introverted that he wants to keep his brilliant Eco-breakthrough discovery that's not apparently within the ability of any auto or moto industry on the planet to match -- well, that's just not very nice of him, now, is it? :rolleyes:

Does he have a patent filed on his process? If not, what's to keep Moto International from going into production? If you can't sell it to Dave, why don't you pony up and go into business yourself, Greg? Why, the world is just a-clamorin' for a Green Moto Extravaganza, and this could just set off the Holy Grail of Greeniedom -- I'm talkin' 'bout The Revolution, man! :lol:

So wot's the deal? Where's the World Wide Green Press on this one? Why, it's a guaranteed front-page, above the fold, headliner?!?!

Enquiring minds. . .(well, you know). . . :huh2:

It is what it is, and it is not a lie. I watched him drive off on it, and I've seen him drive it back in. He played with a bunch of stuff and had his fun. People who actually do things get huge inner smiles when some clown tells them that what they've already done is impossible.

Unlike yourself, I'm in the habit of being able to back up my positions on all the info I bring here. Your term for yourself is not one I've used, but I think it's pretty obvious to anyone with any intelligence and sense of objectivity who's credible here, and who's not.

What I related to you is what I saw with my own eyes. If you do not believe I'm telling the truth about what I saw, you believe I am lying. That is what you're implying here, whether you have the balls to use the word or not. I offered to bring into this discussion two other eyewitnesses to back up my position. That still isn't credible, in you mind because it would prove you wrong. If you think Dave Richardson or Micha would lie just to fool you, you've proven you are a fool.

Guest ratchethack

It is what it is, and it is not a lie. I watched him drive off on it, and I've seen him drive it back in. He played with a bunch of stuff and had his fun. People who actually do things get huge inner smiles when some clown tells them that what they've already done is impossible.

Uh-huh. <_<

I'll bet the biggest smile he's got comes from getting fools to believe he's done something the whole world is presumably crying for, and no one else can do. I reckon a locksmith can sell lots of locksmith work with that just by wagging his chin over it. But the best part for him has to be knowing that his small group fools actually fell for it. . .:rolleyes:

Great secrets the world will never know -- The woods 'r full of 'em. :bbblll:

You're not gonna answer any of my Q's are you, Greg:

AGAIN:

Does he have a patent filed on his process? :huh2:

If not, what's to keep Moto International from going into production? :huh2:

If you can't get Dave to put anything up, why don't YOU pony up and go into business yourself, Greg? :huh2:

Why, the world is just a-clamorin' for a Green Moto Extravaganza, and this could just set off the Holy Grail of Greeniedom -- I'm talkin' 'bout The Revolution, man!

So wot's the deal? Where's the World Wide Green Press on this one? :huh2:

Why -- it'd be a worldwide EXCLUSIVE! :grin:

It's a guaranteed front-page, above the fold, headliner?!?! :huh2:

Uh-huh. <_>

I'll bet the biggest smile he's got comes from getting fools to believe he's done something the whole world is presumably crying for, and no one else can do. I reckon a locksmith can sell lots of locksmith work with that just by wagging his chin over it. But the best part for him has to be knowing that his small group fools actually fell for it. . .:rolleyes:

Great secrets the world will never know -- The woods 'r full of 'em. :bbblll:

You're not gonna answer any of my Q's are you, Greg:

AGAIN:

Does he have a patent filed on his process? :huh2:

If not, what's to keep Moto International from going into production? :huh2:

If you can't get Dave to put anything up, why don't YOU pony up and go into business yourself, Greg? :huh2:

Why, the world is just a-clamorin' for a Green Moto Extravaganza, and this could just set off the Holy Grail of Greeniedom -- I'm talkin' 'bout The Revolution, man!

So wot's the deal? Where's the World Wide Green Press on this one? :huh2:

Why -- it'd be a worldwide EXCLUSIVE! :grin:

It's a guaranteed front-page, above the fold, headliner?!?! :huh2:

We are a Moto Guzzi shop, not an ethanol shop. Next question?

Guest ratchethack

We are a Moto Guzzi shop, not an ethanol shop. Next question?

Very weak attempt at a dodge, Greg. As far as I know, MI isn't a blended fuel shop either. And yet, you sell moto's that run on it. Why would the kind of fuel a moto uses ever be any kind of a show-stopper? :huh2:

What's the problem with providing something you're already deeply familiar with from top to bottom and end to end, that you have at least as much, if not more expertise with than anyone in the nation -- something already in your long-term, committed business, that presumably the whole world wants -- apparently there's a greater demand than for blended fuel-powered Guzzi's? :huh2:

NOTE: You ignored four more Q's above (again). :rolleyes:

HatchetWacker, you realize that something like 90% of the new cars sold in Brazil are capable of running on 190 proof ethanol (95% ethanol, 5% water). The first Ford, the model T, was designed to run on it. It is not ground breaking and certainly not impossible. The fact that one guy converted is obscure motorcycle to run on ethanol is not ground breaking and not big news. Whether you are a fan of corn licker as fuel or against it does not change whether it can be done or not. It has been done already. The question here is supposed to be whether corn licker is responsible for plastic fuel tanks deforming. I have not experienced a problem with that in the Mid-Atlantic area despite the fact that we have been running ethanol for years and I have owned and continue to own a number of vehicles with plastic fuel tanks.

I was going to follow up with some of the links, but after skimming over pages of two squirrels chittering like they are in heat, I won't. Stop wasting your time with useless posts here and do the research on your own, you both seem to have the time.

My post is worth no more than what you paid for it. I looked for answers because I had questions.

Very weak attempt at a dodge, Greg. As far as I know, MI isn't a blended fuel shop either. And yet, you sell moto's that run on it. Why would the kind of fuel a moto uses ever be any kind of a show-stopper? :huh2:

What's the problem with providing something you're already deeply familiar with from top to bottom and end to end, that you have at least as much, if not more expertise with than anyone in the nation -- something already in your long-term, committed business, that presumably the whole world wants -- apparently there's a greater demand than for blended fuel-powered Guzzi's? :huh2:

NOTE: You ignored four more Q's above (again). :rolleyes:

We do not want to do fuel conversions. We want to be a Moto Guzzi shop. We did it for this guy because he's bought many bikes from us and is a very good customer and friend of the shop.

Your other "questions" are just stupid. How the @#!#$# would I know if the guy has a patent? WTF does a patent have to do with it anyway? I told you what the guy's motivations are. Believe it or not.

What is it you find unbelievable about a bike running on ethanol? Many vehicles do. This is not earth-shattering stuff. It's rather commonplace, actually. Ever been to Brazil? I have. Plenty of ehtanol-fueled cars there. Shit, they even race dragsters on it.

Guest ratchethack

HatchetWacker, you realize that something like 90% of the new cars sold in Brazil are capable of running on 190 proof ethanol (95% ethanol, 5% water). The first Ford, the model T, was designed to run on it. It is not ground breaking and certainly not impossible. The fact that one guy converted is obscure motorcycle to run on ethanol is not ground breaking and not big news. Whether you are a fan of corn licker as fuel or against it does not change whether it can be done or not. It has been done already. The question here is supposed to be whether corn licker is responsible for plastic fuel tanks deforming. I have not experienced a problem with that in the Mid-Atlantic area despite the fact that we have been running ethanol for years and I have owned and continue to own a number of vehicles with plastic fuel tanks.

Quazimodo! Chiming in with another clapper caper bell-ringer! Wot took you so long to find another subject that you know nothing about, so you could rush in to make another spectacle of yourself (again)?

Sorry, but I'm afraid that neither you nor I are entitled to dictate what "The question here is supposed to be". Threads go wither and wherefore they may, and that's the nature of Forums.

Are you aware that the Brazilian government subsidized the production of cane-based ethanol for fuel production to the tune of a great whallopping $9B USD three years ago? Are you aware what a crushing figure this is, and that it's nearly devastating to a relatively small GDP of their size?

Are you aware that here in the USA, we use nearly 350X the gasoline that Brazil uses, which, among many other factors (see table at link below) places ethanol forever outside the scope of being economically feasible here in the US? Are you aware that sugar cane (Brazil's relatively cheap ethanol source) doesn't grow in the USA, and that in the USA, corn is the only viable source of ethanol, at half the crop yield of cane? Are you aware that for these, and many other reasons, Brazil IS NOT, and CANNOT EVER be a realistic target or a comparable model for USA ethanol?

SOURCE: Milton Maciel, consultant and author of more than 10 books, former Secretary of Agriculture in Alagoas State, Northeast Brazil, ASPO-USA Energy Bulletin, http://www.energybulletin.net/node/21064

Please do advise.

Are you aware of ANY vehicle in the USA that reliably, efficiently, and cost-effectively uses 100% ethanol for fuel?

Please do advise (Part II).

If not, then I reckon our hero with the E-Guzzi in Seattle has something entirely unique, indeed -- again -- possibly the only one on the entire planet.

Now let's see if you can answer this one:

Does it matter to you if the deformation of Guzzi tanks is due to ethanol itself, or if it's due to one of the additives in the ethanol pack? If it does matter to you, may I ask why? If it was one or the other -- or more likely (as I have pointed out long ago in this thread) some interactive combination thereof -- Exactly what would you propose to do about it either way, and/or what would you suggest that anyone else does about it, for that matter? :huh2:

Enquiring minds. . .(well, you know). . .

I'm sorry, I Don't recall taking sides on whether corn licker is a good idea or not (just for the record, until they can sort out some of the issues, if they can, I am not a big fan of it). But I am not surprised that you ASSumed what my position is. You ASSume a lot of things. I guess you are a fully qualified ASSume'r.

I made no reference to "ANY vehicle in the USA that reliably, efficiently, and cost-effectively uses 100% ethanol for fuel?". I DID point out that using ethanol for fuel not only is NOT impossible but that it is done on a fairly large scale and has be possible since at least as long as the Ford Model T has existed. Or maybe that is a left wing plot to con the public? Ford did say that ethanol is "the fuel of the future". Henry Ford is part of a left wing plot, remember where you heard it first. Soon it will spread across the internet and become fact.

HatchetWacker, you are a true piece of work.

So when Greg posts about a V11 running on corn licker only an idiot would stand there and say that it is not possible, or even highly unlikely. Only an idiot stands there denying something that is there for all to see.

And the answer to the tank/ethanol question seems to be that ethanol alone can not be responsible for it and that the additive package that is added to fuel in some areas in addition to the ethanol may be the root of the problem. Because if it was the ethanol that was the cause of the problem then you would see the problem EVERYWHERE that ethanol was used, but you don't so it is not. Maybe it plays a part in the problem but clearly it alone does not cause the fuel tank issues experienced by some. But I am sure that there is no way in hell that you will ever see what others easily grasp so I don't expect you to get it. So go on and keep blaming the ethanol. Others, including myself, will continue to put gas containing ethanol into our plastic fuel tanks and suffer no ills as a result. Maybe it is the fact that we don't understand the problem that we don't experience it? Or maybe we are part of the cover up to hide the real plot. Perhaps there are black helicopters circling your house as we speak. Or maybe it really is the other additives in the gas.

Guest ratchethack

How the @#!#$# would I know if the guy has a patent? WTF does a patent have to do with it anyway? I told you what the guy's motivations are. Believe it or not.

Most definitely not. I've given you 6 solid reasons (above) that would be reason enough, and then some, for anyone here or anywhere else to consider your credibility next to nil.

You claimed that your shop did the conversion. At some point, since this is such a "sensation" with the Greenie Weenies -- particularly in the Greenie Weenie Sea-Tac area -- I'll be gob-smacked and hornswoggled over a barbecue pit if the question didn't come up once or twice in the entire conversion episode under the roof at MI -- of which you're a "trusted advisor", as we've been repeatedly reminded. ;)

Now in the interest of moving things along here, (you've gone well past tedious with your refusal to answer my questions, purposely bringing dialog to a halt :glare: ) I've previously picked up on your pattern of consistency on this, and have taken the liberty to answer them for you below. Your answers are easy enough to predict, after all. :P

Leave us by all means proceed, shall we?

Please jump in at any point and correct me. ;)

Q: Has MI produced a Guzzi that runs on 100% ethanol?

A: I already said that.

Q: Yes, indeed. Has the owner of the world’s only 100% ethanol-fueled Guzzi filed for a patent on his process, or does someone else own the patent?

A: Farkifino, and up yours.

Q: Hm. Mighty strange that the "trusted advisor" of a moto shop that "did the conversion" wouldn’t know this. :huh2: But OK, I guess no one at MI was interested enough to care. Why d’you reckon that might be?

A: I told you before that we’re not in that business.

Q: Uh-huh. I got that. The Q now becomes: Why aren't you? You already sell and service motos that run partially on ethanol. The percentage should be a non-issue. It looks like a high-demand, viable business to me, particularly in your area, and you apparently have not only full moto experience, but the ONLY experience on the planet with the 100% ethanol conversion on a Guzzi.

A: We don’t want complaints about lack of fuel sources.

Q: OK, NOW we’re getting somewhere. Why d’you suppose 100% ethanol might be a problem for riders?

A: It’s way too expensive, and not available at gas stations.

Q: Ah! NOW we’re REALLY getting somewhere (Part II). Why d’you reckon THAT is?

BACK TO YOU NOW, Greg. :rolleyes:

BTW: What kind of liquor in a plastic bottle are you swilling this evening? :lol:

Enquiring minds. . .(well, you know). . . :P

Guest ratchethack

. . .black helicopters. .

Hm. Black helicopters. Indeed. . .(yawn). . .You can't answer my Q's either, can you Quazi?

Well, this is getting entirely too tedious now, and though this has TRULY been a slice o'heaven, I have so very many better things to do. . . ;)

post-1212-12666413045661_thumb.jpg

Bye now.