V11 Land speed record?

savagehenry

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, my husband and I were just "discussing" this tonight, after going head-to-head briefly coming back from a ride today - he was on his

2009 Speed Triple and I was on my beloved Rosso (stock except for PC III, custom mapping, and pipes). Unfortunately, my speedo has been non-functional for more than a year. He said he backed off at 120 mph because of the lack of any fairing/windshield. The Rosso was pulling away from him, and still accelerating at that point. Another time, based on some other riders I was with, I estimated the Rosso to be going about 130 mph, and not done. So I was wondering what top speed is thought to be for this bike?

Interesting, do you have a fairing on your bike?

Im thinking a LeMans would do a beter speed than a bikini faird bike and that inturn should be faster than a nakid?

I am unfaired.

Not sure which would be most aerodynamic, but I would guess that while tucked behind the bikini fairing would do the best, and in normal riding position the LEMANS faired bikes would do better.

A streetlegal 'Mistraled' LM redlines without problems. Remove the DB eaters and pimp the fairing a bit and it will still just redline. So without changing the rear drive do not expect too much.

Hubert

Any well sorted Sporti redlines in highest too, despite higher gearing. That's like 240 km/h or 150 mph real speed. I'm not sure if the fairing is better or worse than a LM fairing.

It's strange they lowered the gearing when they introduced the sixspeed :wacko:

Edit: 8000 rpm should be about 240 km/h with a 70 profile rear, or 230 km/h (143 mph) with a 60 profile.

It's strange they lowered the gearing when they introduced the sixspeed :wacko:

yeah, so I went in serch...

v11 sport........... 216kph @ 12.4 standing quarter mile

v11 LM.............. 214......... 12.6

v11 corsa.......... 214......... 12.6

v11 tenni........... 214......... 12.6

v11 mandello..... 213......... 12.0

v11 scura...........215......... 12.2

v11 ballabio........229..........10.3

v11 coppa......... 214.........12.6

1100i sport.........231.........12.7

[quote name='savagehenry' date='Jan 23 2010, 08:01 PM' post='16712

I seem to be going backwards. I'm definately "tightly drafting" 50, but my bikes get better handling and faster as I do not!!!

:lol::lol: Check out Team Subtle Crowbar and the Mandello Meteor online, there is a guzzi that is currently breaking records. Bonneville is a bucket list item for any gearhead. If you have the chance to go and join in with somebody trying for a title, go for it! It looks like a barrel o fun!

I've done 210km/hr speedo indicated, out by Elko, Nevada. The GPS told me actual was 125mph.

I guess it had a bit more left, but side winds made the thing a tad unsettling. I have other bikes which will easily eclipse that in utter stable happiness. But on a Guzzi, it seems special, there's more happening.

Steve

I've done 210km/hr speedo indicated, out by Elko, Nevada. The GPS told me actual was 125mph.

I guess it had a bit more left, but side winds made the thing a tad unsettling. I have other bikes which will easily eclipse that in utter stable happiness. But on a Guzzi, it seems special, there's more happening.

Steve

It may sound like bullshit but I had 240 km/hr indicated by the Seabird Island Indian reserve - (what? Like the cops are gonna be at an Indian Reserve?) but according to my friend on a Triumph TT600 we were only going 220. I also remember that the tachometer said about 7600 - 7800 so there may have been a bit to go with a strong bike.

yeah, so I went in serch...

v11 sport........... 216kph @ 12.4 standing quarter mile

v11 LM.............. 214......... 12.6

v11 corsa.......... 214......... 12.6

v11 tenni........... 214......... 12.6

v11 mandello..... 213......... 12.0

v11 scura...........215......... 12.2

v11 ballabio........229..........10.3

v11 coppa......... 214.........12.6

1100i sport.........231.........12.7

I want a Ballabio!!!

BTW what is your source for these results?

PS it is interesting, compared to most of the V11s, the V1100i is slower quarter mile, but reaches a higher speed at the end of that quarter mile.

I want a Ballabio!!!

BTW what is your source for these results?

PS it is interesting, compared to most of the V11s, the V1100i is slower quarter mile, but reaches a higher speed at the end of that quarter mile.

Yeah, Im buggered if I know why the Ballabio is so much faster...

source in this case was http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bikes/Moto%20Guzzi.htm how accurate I dont know?

The reasioning IMHO is the 1100 sport is a 5 speeder (and my last guzzi) the gearing is taller I could get 90-100kph in 1st... this I would think means the bike takes longer to wind out in gears but manages a higher speed due to its over all higher gearing.

Supposedly, the 4 shaft? 6-spd box in the v11s was geared for 139mph at redline. Some variations are expected, since different tire heights, etc. will affect that gearing.

This was a reduction from the 150mph gearing on the Sporti/Daytona RS models, but you gain a more useful spread of gears in the process. IIRC from Guzziology, highest numeric transmission top gear was on the old Ambo 4 spd, 2nd highest in the Quota 5 spd, then the Sporti/Daytona 5 spds. Final drive variations made the difference here, since the Sporti had a high final to give it the highest total top gear ratio. But 1st gear was super high too, such that complaints about difficulty pulling away from the curb uphill 2 up were common for that model... but no worries w/ the Quota or Ambo. ;)